May 03, 2024, 05:32:12 am

Author Topic: WoM Problems?  (Read 8357 times)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: WoM Problems?
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2011, 07:46:06 pm »
Reinstall java, see if that works. His video card is most likely not the cause since it wouldn't cause the client to crash upon start up.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2011, 08:56:09 pm »
My WoM isn't working either. It just says it can't authenticate user. My main problem is minecraft.net is down, so I can't visit that either. Any suggestions?

Keaft

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2011, 09:11:55 pm »
Yeah... refer to my earlier post...

As for immediate action. Use Wom and don't use the search function unless you have a powerful computer. What happens is the search function tries to sort through that giant list of faux servers, which takes a lot of computing power. My guess, the wom client doesn't have a very good sort method, uses a lot of resources, and locks up your computer. So if you don't search and just scroll... you should be fine.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2011, 09:13:55 pm »
Trying to find the server isn't the problem though, getting wom to authenticate your username when minecraft.net is down is the problem.

I have not seen anything like terrs problem occur. It's just a really weird and unique problem. I'm not sure where to even begin with possible causes.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 09:16:49 pm by Nick3306 »

Keaft

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2011, 09:23:13 pm »
Yeah terrs problem is unique. Unsure what could be the cause. If we could weed out all the possibilities we could have a better idea.

As for wom. If the server has wom direct it would authenticate if I'm not mistaken.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2011, 09:53:10 pm »
Yeah terrs problem is unique. Unsure what could be the cause. If we could weed out all the possibilities we could have a better idea.

As for wom. If the server has wom direct it would authenticate if I'm not mistaken.
But optical has put into place a few safety measures so if you try to direct connect and you have a different IP than the last time you logged in it wont let you.

Terrewee

• The Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2011, 12:53:38 am »
What brand of video card do you have? Drivers up to date? Seems like ATI tend to break the mold.

What size world does it have textual issues? (ie. 64x64x64 all the way up to 1024x1024x1024)

Do you also play SMP? (might try removing the minecraft folder in %appdata%/roaming/ See if that has any effect)

As you suggested, it could be ram. I assume you are running it on windows. If you can try to get hold of memtest86 and run it. Often linux distributions have memtest86 included. You might also check the Ultimate boot cd. Everyone should have one of those :)
I have a ATI Radeon 9600 / X1050
size world.... prety much every world
I indeed play smp, I will try that tomorow morning...
and yes I have a ulitmate boot cd BUT I'll just ty to find a memtest86 on the internet as i don't now much of linux ;)

(click to show/hide)
Touhou~

Keaft

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2011, 01:29:37 am »
UBCD should have the memtest86 on it. Under something like memory management.