May 15, 2024, 11:36:42 am

Author Topic: In search of a PS talent.  (Read 9989 times)

Toxicstriker91

• I rise you fall!!!
    • View Profile
Re: In search of a PS talent.
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2011, 07:15:43 pm »
Ok ill try explain(i hope). When you(its same with me) put that sol over the background its more than obvious that its montage. Thats the thing that buggs me. I dont say it can be completly removed because after all sol is in blocks, but can you try making the transition between sol and the background smoother (blur effect doenst do the job when i try it)? I dont know if its possible and how to do it, but if you manage to somehow do it, it will be epic.
I hope you understood me now :)

The lighting and shadows have to match the BG. good luck, I like what you have so far Nick.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 08:49:58 pm by Wratkie »

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2011, 07:19:40 pm »
Ok ill try explain(i hope). When you(its same with me) put that sol over the background its more than obvious that its montage. Thats the thing that buggs me. I dont say it can be completly removed because after all sol is in blocks, but can you try making the transition between sol and the background smoother (blur effect doenst do the job when i try it)? I dont know if its possible and how to do it, but if you manage to somehow do it, it will be epic.
I hope you understood me now :)
Ill give it a shot tonight, i could try to do a bit of smudging. Ill also try to add a drop shadow effect from the statue.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2011, 07:18:46 pm »
This what it looks like when i added the shadow, let me know if you want a different angle for the shadow or if you want the shadow to go out farther or in more. Ill get rid of all the crappy white spaces tonight.

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2011, 07:28:57 pm »
I am not the right person because I havent designed it.
But, could you try to place lower the title of Opticraft, with low contrast of the city as background? something with low transparency.
Moreover, to change the degrees of the shadow, like the sun to be from above and left.
Finally, to use a better picture of SOL because the face is very very bad. Everyone can understnd if they see it that it is the Sol, but few will admire it if they see that pic..

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2011, 07:32:34 pm »
I am not the right person because I havent designed it.
But, could you try to place lower the title of Opticraft, with low contrast of the city as background? something with low transparency.
Moreover, to change the degrees of the shadow, like the sun to be from above and left.
Finally, to use a better picture of SOL because the face is very very bad. Everyone can understnd if they see it that it is the Sol, but few will admire it if they see that pic..
Sorry to tell you but that is what SoL looks like at that angle. Toxic has told me to use that angle so that is the angle i will use. And the shadow effect is from the top left.

As far as the text goes can you please clarify what you mean?

Toxicstriker91

• I rise you fall!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2011, 09:34:07 pm »
Nick would you give me the .psd file if you hanvt flatened the image already? I want to fix some stuff that i cant explain that well with words, rather doing it. :)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2011, 09:37:00 pm »
Nick would you give me the .psd file if you hanvt flatened the image already? I want to fix some stuff that i cant explain that well with words, rather doing it. :)
Can do, i never flatten the image, but i also never name my layers so ill do that real quick.

Toxicstriker91

• I rise you fall!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2011, 09:38:36 pm »
Can do, i never flatten the image, but i also never name my layers so ill do that real quick.
Btw if we use skype to chat it will be much faster when we are both on the pc.:P  Skype Toxic_Striker (if you want)
I dont name them too, too much waste of time to click 3 times and type something :D
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 09:40:29 pm by Toxicstriker91 »

Mr.Monkey

• Nomnom
  • 2D artist
    • View Profile
    • minecraft pictures
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2011, 09:40:34 pm »
I wouldn't mind you taking a better shot from another angle if you can get it. I would prefer you making something like this, this or this.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 09:46:02 pm by Mr.Monkey »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Toxicstriker91

• I rise you fall!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2011, 09:46:32 pm »
I wouldn't mind you taking a better shot from another angle if you can get it. I would prefer you making something like this, this or this.
Third isnt that good, second isnt working, 1st is fine.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2011, 09:51:05 pm »
All those shots would be near impossible due to the world size.

Mr.Monkey

• Nomnom
  • 2D artist
    • View Profile
    • minecraft pictures
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2011, 09:56:08 pm »
Well if it were easy we could have done it ourselves right :P

A good thing to start with would be to get the SoL out of the ground. You will need a 256x256x1024 world for that. With the no-fog mod you have, it should be very easy to get far enough away and get pretty much exactly the angle you need. Or just take the shot from closer and zoom it smaller. I kinda don't care how it's done :P. The problem we need to handle is that the SoL, and the face in particular, kinda suck from up close, so a picture from further away should solve this problem.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 10:02:21 pm by Mr.Monkey »

matt88222

• Gears of War 3
  • Hi I'm Matt
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2011, 11:24:02 pm »
Here are a few screens, feedback appreciated:

http://imgur.com/a/XoSOq#0

Mr.Monkey

• Nomnom
  • 2D artist
    • View Profile
    • minecraft pictures
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2011, 12:46:40 am »
Awesome, that's exactly how i meant it.

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2011, 07:24:12 am »
Ok.. I could explain you all of the from the beginning.
First of all, I think you got the pictures you wanted. Well Done Matt.
Secondly, the shadow, could me more extended, and to fall over some buildings. (I will explain you later why..)
Thirdly, the label to be on the bottom, without coloured background, but as background the city, buildings, etc.. with low transparency, like your breath on the window(can you see ouside clearly?).
Moreover, can you place it in the middle to be superior over other buildings? I mean to be the major object in the picture.
Explanation: When you want to show something, it need to be shown(well shown). So, you make the shadow to fall over the other buildings to show the majesty of this object. These are some ideas only.. What I can offer here..
I hope I helped a little a bit..

« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 07:31:34 am by spamarian »