June 08, 2024, 06:28:57 am

Author Topic: 1.00  (Read 46185 times)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1.00
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2011, 09:25:22 pm »
Well you want the spawn to be amazing but it has to be simple at the same time. Remember that this is an SMP server not a creative server. I can't tell you how many times i have joined a server and gotten frustrated because the spawn was so big and too complex. SMP guests don't care about spawn as much as say people in classic.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2011, 09:30:15 pm »
I will have a look at getting the spawn building onto a new map soon - anyone got a 1.00 seed worth trying (pics/video of it would be preferred)

rogueish

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2011, 09:41:32 pm »
Well you want the spawn to be amazing but it has to be simple at the same time. Remember that this is an SMP server not a creative server. I can't tell you how many times i have joined a server and gotten frustrated because the spawn was so big and too complex. SMP guests don't care about spawn as much as say people in classic.

True, I've run into that problem as well.  I don't think a big spawn area would be a problem, though, if there are clear instructions (and ideally a simple method) to get to an area where a new person can claim land.  Eventually, as the server grows a new person might have to wander for a long time to find empty land, fighting monsters and starvation on the way.  I've left servers that otherwise looked promising because I couldn't get to empty land before starving and/or getting creeper bombed.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2011, 10:09:52 pm »
I will have a look at getting the spawn building onto a new map soon - anyone got a 1.00 seed worth trying (pics/video of it would be preferred)

What are you looking for? A very extreme, good looking terrain? A flat land, good for building (Although most flat lands are normally deserts or plains, which have very little trees, always a problem...), varied biomes?

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2011, 10:13:26 pm »
Generally flat land, minimal water/ocean cover, with forests etc/ Less mountainy

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2011, 10:14:26 pm »
See i think the mountains are the funnest part of smp, but it's up to you.

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2011, 10:14:45 pm »
Well I've been generating a few, one that caught my eye is 1441997694

It has a nice range of mountains, flat, swamp, ocean and pine biomes near the natural spawn, (in the circle) http://i.imgur.com/mJdy7.jpg

Mostly flat though ;)
Sure there are other good ones but this one Is pretty good.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2011, 10:43:04 pm »
Post 3, Beachfront Hope this is what you meant!

Just looked at Tobs' map. That would be better than mine in my opinion.
Also...

/reserved :P That is some black magic awesomeness.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 10:47:53 pm by clawstrider »

Destroy8r9

• master assassin
  • Laa shay'a waqi'un mutlaq bale kouloun mumkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2011, 12:19:30 am »
i have one ill have to get the seed when i get home but it has some mountains some desserts plains a ocean and some snowy biomes also i found this mod its called biosphere genrator basicly it genrates eveything in giant sphere with little spheres of diamond and lapiz floating around and in each spehere theres a diffrent biome like each person could have a little sphere wehre the bigger ones are further out if we could make that so it encourages exploring

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2011, 12:40:46 am »
i have one ill have to get the seed when i get home but it has some mountains some desserts plains a ocean and some snowy biomes also i found this mod its called biosphere genrator basicly it genrates eveything in giant sphere with little spheres of diamond and lapiz floating around and in each spehere theres a diffrent biome like each person could have a little sphere wehre the bigger ones are further out if we could make that so it encourages exploring

Biospheres by Rigasumi.
This has, unfortunatly, not been updated to 1.0.0 yet.
Then again, it may work because its just generating a map.
I don't believe this could work, but then again, it could be an event or something (Say Optic runs something like this for 1 week a month. Different mods. That would be kinda neat. Then you can take home the world at the end of the week.) Would that be viable Optic? And if so, shall I add it to suggestions as a seperate post?

Destroy8r9

• master assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2011, 03:07:10 am »
claw but with my idea theres a problem people could grief the bridges and that means where gonna fall of but anyway it would make getting diamonds and lapiz easier if you dont fall off

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2011, 03:42:35 am »
Lets worry about getting the server up and running first guys.

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2011, 07:09:54 am »
Post 3, Beachfront Hope this is what you meant!
/reserved :P That is some black magic awesomeness.

I've seen a few nice places in those mountains :P

And I really don't see the biosphere thing happening, even as an event, but if it does it would be totally pointless in my opinion.

frodonk

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2011, 04:01:18 pm »

advantages: spawn near a fairly flat elevated area, with a small river around the raised area. mountains around 200 blocks from spawn area (estimated)

disadvantages: near a swamp biome, with a desert after that, spawn near pigs, not much forest from what i can see from the spawn point.

i'll look at more seeds in 8 hours if anyone cares enough, a better description of the map that is wanted might be needed though to match with whatever map i'll find.

edit:

best seed that ive seen, you spawn in the middle of 4 different biomes.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 04:55:41 pm by frodonk »

Destroy8r9

• master assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2011, 08:59:30 pm »
Well i found a seed where you spanw in a npc village ive also found one where you spawn on a small island with a mushroom biome on another island near by with a awesome overhang