May 18, 2024, 01:44:52 pm

Author Topic: A few questions and crap  (Read 3375 times)

CrimsonRaider

• View Profile
A few questions and crap
« on: October 10, 2011, 06:41:42 pm »
Recently my friend jim was banned for griefing, I believe he did it just as much as you guys do, but can you guys at least give him a second chance? He was kind of cool and helped me build my house and stuff. Speaking of my house, about five minutes ago I was going to get on MC and take some screenshot to show you how epic it was, I got this error:

Bad video card drivers!      
      -----------------------      

Minecraft was unable to start because it failed to find an accelerated OpenGL mode.
This can usually be fixed by updating the video card drivers.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 7fe0271 --------
Generated 10/10/11 1:39 PM

Minecraft: Minecraft Beta 1.8.1
Java: 1.6.0_26, Sun Microsystems Inc.
VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
LWJGL: 2.4.2
[failed to get system properties (java.lang.NullPointerException)]

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:185)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:311)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:856)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:784)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:765)
   at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:233)
   at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:629)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
--- END ERROR REPORT 421ae711 ----------

Am I the only one who gets this? If not, what does it mean?  ???

It's funny because I was going to try the John Smith texture pack when I started MC, that would have probably brought up this error too.

Hopefully it gets fixed before the map gets wiped along with the two stacks of diamond Nick gave me.
Yeah, so any help is appreciated.

Edit: Found this screenshot from a while ago featuring the old gang Me, Jim and Aqua.

And yes, that is Nick throwing snowballs at us in the background.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 08:02:41 am by CrimsonRaider »

Spartan

• Follow my Twitter!
  • Champion Member
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
Re: A few questions and crap
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 08:30:39 pm »
Alright, do you have a graphics card in your computer?

If so, your drivers may be corrupt or defective or just old, so google "<your card here> drivers" and download the latest ones. MAKE SURE ITS THE OFFICIAL SITE BEFORE DOWNLOADING!

If not, GET ONE. You will need it for far more things than minecraft. I believe there are 3 types of slots for cards: PCI, PCI EXPRESS, and AGP.
If you have PCI EXPRESS slot, get a card for that because its the best imo. If you have PCI and AGP, go with PCI. If you only have AGP, go with that.

If you cant afford a graphics card, then I don't think you can play minecraft anymore, sorry.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 09:46:03 pm »
I know what the problem is. It's your texture pack you have running, your computer cannot handle it so it crashes the game. There is a simple cure to this though, all you need to do is push the windows button, hold it down then push R. After that the RUN prompt will pop up, in that type %appdata% then push ENTER and find the .minecraft folder (First one usually) then open that and look for the texture pack folder and open that. Find the texture pack you are using and get it out of there.

Hope this helps, it's happened tons of times to me.

If you really want to use the texture pack, I recommend following spartans steps.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 09:49:17 pm by Mr_Mr_Mr »

---><--- Click the monkey

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 10:58:15 pm »
Alright, do you have a graphics card in your computer?

If so, your drivers may be corrupt or defective or just old, so google "<your card here> drivers" and download the latest ones. MAKE SURE ITS THE OFFICIAL SITE BEFORE DOWNLOADING!

If not, GET ONE. You will need it for far more things than minecraft. I believe there are 3 types of slots for cards: PCI, PCI EXPRESS, and AGP.
If you have PCI EXPRESS slot, get a card for that because its the best imo. If you have PCI and AGP, go with PCI. If you only have AGP, go with that. It could also be a problem with java.

If you cant afford a graphics card, then I don't think you can play minecraft anymore, sorry.
OpenGL errors are not always associated with your graphics card. So dont tell him to buy a new GPU when we dont know if that is what he needs.

And i would be fine with unbanning jim if he admitted to griefing, but instead he constantly lied to me about it so as of now he will stay banned.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

CrimsonRaider

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 07:36:36 am »
Thanks everyone, I will try Mr's suggestion first before anything else, I think if I download any more stuff my computer will explode into a million friggin pieces.
Edit: Didn't work, so I got my found out what my card was and I'm installing new drivers right now. Hope this works.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 07:50:57 am by CrimsonRaider »

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 10:09:43 am »
Thanks everyone, I will try Mr's suggestion first before anything else, I think if I download any more stuff my computer will explode into a million friggin pieces.
Edit: Didn't work, so I got my found out what my card was and I'm installing new drivers right now. Hope this works.

How about you delete some stuff off your computer aswell? I doubt it will help much, but it might speed it up or something (I don't know much about computers TBH, just a guess) ;)

turtleman918

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 02:12:49 pm »
Jim repeatedly greifed me, as well as tobs...

lLLEGAL

• Recruit Operator
  • Champion Member
  • Legacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 02:14:25 pm »
Turtle, is the grief by jim?

turtleman918

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 02:19:40 pm »
yes, it was, nick banned and undid his actions once, then, later, i found grief in my mine. Optical came, asked me if i knew anyone named "jimjim" and i said yes, and that he had griefed me and tobs earlier(i witnessed it happen). Optical banned again and undid actions.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 04:49:58 pm »
yes, it was, nick banned and undid his actions once, then, later, i found grief in my mine. Optical came, asked me if i knew anyone named "jimjim" and i said yes, and that he had griefed me and tobs earlier(i witnessed it happen). Optical banned again and undid actions.
oops i didnt undo his actions far enough back it seems.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident