June 15, 2024, 09:53:24 pm

Author Topic: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic  (Read 9704 times)

Fluttershy

• View Profile
My Little Pony Friendship is Magic
« on: October 06, 2011, 12:30:09 pm »
Alright, I saw the 3 locked topics back there, and ponies happen to be my favorite subject of discussion, so I'm creating this one.
I'm making only one, so please don't lock it. XD
-

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is a Canadian / American flash cartoon series, produced by Studio B Productions, based on the My Little Pony universe. It was developed for television by Lauren Faust, who also did major work on both The Powerpuff Girls and Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends. Since its on-air debut in October 2010, the series became a popular subject of threads, reaction images and image macros on 4chan.

Fans outside the show’s demographic, especially teen and adult male fans, have come to be known as “bronies”, and occasionally use ponies to derail threads. Although fans are generally known as bronies all across the internet, on 4chan, bronies who post ponies mainly on /co/ have been called “colts”

On October 10, 2010, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic was aired as part of the debut of the new television network, The Hub, which replaced Discovery Kids. On October 19, 2010, Cartoon Brew wrote an article about the show titled “The End of the Creator-Driven Era in TV Animation”, which had an oddly alarmist tone to it. Threads on 4chan’s comic and cartoon board, /co/, attacked and made fun of the article for this reason. The article and the threads generated /co/’s initial interest in the show, causing several members to go and watch the first episode. After the second episode aired on October 22nd, threads about the ponies started to boom even more, gaining the show fans outside of its target demographic.

The series stars a unicorn pony named Twilight Sparkle, who has been known to be a pupil of the world’s ruler, Princess Celestia. Seeing the young pony buried in books, the princess gives her the task of making friends, sending her, and a young dragon named Spike, to Ponyville. There, they meet some interesting ponies, including tomboyish Rainbow Dash, glamorous Rarity, hard-working Applejack, timid Fluttershy, and hyperactive Pinkie Pie. Together, they explore the ins and outs of the town, solve various problems, and make even more friends. Every day is a lesson for Twilight, but none as important as the magic of friendship. At the end of each episode, Twilight relays a report to her mentor Celestia, telling her what friendship has taught her.

Episodes can be easily found on YouTube, more often than not in HD. Many users have posted the whole first season on their account such as MAST3RLINKX and MenloMarseilles. For this reason, MAST3RLINKX has had his channel taken down many times by “Hasbro, Inc.” (though it has not been confirmed whether or not it was actually Hasbro, or just a troll who filed the copyright infringement claim). YouTube user MrYaridovich, in addition to contributing much to the Brony community via his videos, runs a 24/7 synchtube stream dedicated to playing episodes of the show. Since the show generates more profits through merchandise than it does actual viewership, Hasbro has not removed any episodes posted online as of yet. Many of the comments on youtube videos of the series show genuine appreciation for the show.

-
I think I covered enough here.
Yes, this all was copypasted from know your meme.
-

And now, we discuss Friendship, and Magic, and stuff...

I'm hoping to have a good thread with this, rather than have a huge argument/flame war started, like sniper.

lLLEGAL

• Recruit Operator
  • Champion Member
  • Legacy.
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 12:35:53 pm »
Friendship is magical :)

akosibitoy

• I love spriting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 01:33:38 pm »

People who love minecraft and this show...
(No,I don't watch this show)

ReljaM

• I RULE THE WORLD WITH NO PICTURE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 01:36:40 pm »

People who love minecraft and this show...
(No,I don't watch this show)
It is one of the greatest shows ever!

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 02:20:45 pm »
Not one of these topics again...... ::)
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Implosions

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 05:48:31 pm »
Grow up.

Terrewee

• The Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 06:28:01 pm »

(click to show/hide)
Touhou~

omaroo2

• OptiCraft's Pharaoh.
  • PSN: UnlimitedEra Steam: UnlimitedEra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 07:47:11 pm »
Grow up.
I agree btw how old are you flut?

matt88222

• Gears of War 3
  • Hi I'm Matt
    • View Profile

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 09:30:42 pm »
Please, not these again...

---><--- Click the monkey

Fluttershy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 09:33:52 pm »
How old am I? 5182 days old. (14 years)

Not one of these topics again
Please, not these again...

Also, there are more bronies here than expected, I was told there was only one other.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 09:40:15 pm »
Also, there are more bronies here than expected, I was told there was only one other.
You sure sound a lot like sniper_rofl...

Fluttershy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 10:20:44 pm »
You sure sound a lot like sniper_rofl...

Many thanks, people say the only noticeable differences is I don't take it seriously enough to shove it in people's faces...
...and my voice is much deeper...

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 10:38:58 pm »
We can't hear your voices on the forums.

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2011, 11:47:18 pm »
Guys dont hate on something that someone likes...and no mean comments please Mr...
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.