May 05, 2024, 05:46:02 pm

Author Topic: Feedback at request.  (Read 30893 times)

lLLEGAL

• Recruit Operator
  • Champion Member
  • Legacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback at request.
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2011, 12:27:01 pm »
Zones for trusted, then?

D00MKNlGHT

• I don't always kill, if I do it's because u stare
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2011, 12:41:37 pm »
Lemme make it simpler. If someone use prem money to buy a diamond where will the diamond come from? It's unlikely optical will go mine a diamond and give it to that guy. So I guess the plugin will "create" the diamond. So hence the total amount of diamond in total will increase and hence reduce the value of diamond.
And secondly do u reserve space in a survival server?-.- what happens if we go exploring and it becomes dark. The area is reserved and we can't make a bunker to get through the night. I mean seriously do u reserve space in single player survival mode? If u don't and u can survive y do u need to reserve in smp? If u are worried about griefers than what are operators for? As I see nick is doing a great job. So I feel there's no need to reserve space.
By the way I removed my post, your post made mine look stupid haha.

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2011, 12:55:26 pm »
Lemme make it simpler. If someone use prem money to buy a diamond where will the diamond come from? It's unlikely optical will go mine a diamond and give it to that guy. So I guess the plugin will "create" the diamond. So hence the total amount of diamond in total will increase and hence reduce the value of diamond.
TL;DR - The more diamonds there are, the less it costs.

Muhnator

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2011, 01:43:24 pm »

Protection from residence. The area you protect is limited in size, the only person who should ever have rights to protect the whole map is the host. Period. Instead the host sets the YML so you could say protect an area 256x256 from bedrock to sky, you get a large rectangle that's yours. Think of it as buying real estate, this may have part of a cave network in it, it may not. Regardless it's finite, the host can also set it so you can have more than one of these areas. It's completely customizable.

Nick it eliminates the need for staff to be involved period, if the player has the funds with iConomy they buy the protection themself with commands. but only if they have the funds to actually make the purchase. Once purchased if they want to purchase more they can via more funds, or by ranking up to allow larger sizes of property bought. Once they buy it, unless they make it public of add friends they are the only ones (aside from admins) who can ever modify any block inside the real estate. No fire, no lava, no flooding, nothing. Though they are free to destroy their own stuff. Even if somebody that doesn't belong gets in, the server TPs them out.

Nick maybe you could elaborate on what downfalls you see? On each of the servers I've been on I've never seen any downfalls with any of the protection systems. So maybe I'm just unaware.

I totally agree.

Im aware that this is a smp server, but come on, how hard is it to build a shed and survive mobs and lava ? game beaten in 5 min....

Opti has allready taken the steps towards protection, since i do belive he has alot of focus on building. Creepers dont blow up things, enderman dosent move blocks around.. Protection is the next step, and we need it.  (Nick are you worried of not having anything to do as op ?, cuz its the only motivation i can spot behind your lack of intrest for protection)

All i can say is from a builders perspective, no protection sucks.. I love to make big "playgrounds" for ppl to have fun in, but atm id rather hide since getting my stuff griefed drives me nuts.

Im a huge fan of opticraft, i have a great deal of respect for opti,and most the staff, but to be honest. If protection isnt implemented at some point, this just isnt the server for me.

The only hard thing to do in beta is building. I honestly cant see any challenge in surviving on its own. I dont want to play creative, cuz this again is way to easy. "surviving" while gathering mats for mega structures, thats fun.

Muhnator

« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 01:46:03 pm by Muhnator »
Only 2 things are infinite. Space and human stupidity....

Muhnator

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2011, 01:50:26 pm »
And secondly do u reserve space in a survival server?-.- what happens if we go exploring and it becomes dark. The area is reserved and we can't make a bunker to get through the night. I mean seriously do u reserve space in single player survival mode? If u don't and u can survive y do u need to reserve in smp? If u are worried about griefers than what are operators for? As I see nick is doing a great job. So I feel there's no need to reserve space.

^This is my view^

Muhnator

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2011, 02:09:53 pm »

Well, if you were building impressive stuff, you oppinion might not be the same.. Walls with snow on top, is hardly worth protecting..

Muhnator

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2011, 02:14:12 pm »

Well, if you were building impressive stuff, you oppinion might not be the same.. Walls with snow on top, is hardly worth protecting..

Let me translate what you are saying into what could happen in classic. That is like saying you should only protect builder/crafter builds, because builds that recruits work hard on, but may just be small houses, are not worth protecting.
I know my builds suck, but I still am proud of them, even if they are just walls with snow ontop.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2011, 02:20:11 pm »
Muhn, I am seriously appauled that you would even think that I am against suggested protection because i want peoples stuff to get griefed. I do plan on building many things on this server. I am in no way against protection, I just dont think having every guest constantly calling for protection is good for the server. Now if we were to add a builder rank, they could get protection.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Muhnator

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2011, 02:22:38 pm »

[/quote]

Let me translate what you are saying into what could happen in classic. That is like saying you should only protect builder/crafter builds, because builds that recruits work hard on, but may just be small houses, are not worth protecting.
I know my builds suck, but I still am proud of them, even if they are just walls with snow ontop.
[/quote]

You fail the see the point of my comment..

Opinions on protection is based on the players efford into the build. Of course your building deserves protection just as mutch as mine. This is why i dont understand why ppl are against protection..
But i remeber doom breeaking into my mine aswell, and having problems with respecting ppl's stuff.. We had a talk about it, and since then i havent seen anything wierd, it just feels like he still wants the window to be open for doing it again. This makes me wonder....

Muh

Muhnator

lLLEGAL

• Recruit Operator
  • Champion Member
  • Legacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2011, 02:25:50 pm »
I like the idea of a zoned part for good structures. Just a small part.
And muhnator I believe d00m didnt take anything?

Muhnator

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2011, 02:26:50 pm »
Muhn, I am seriously appauled that you would even think that I am against suggested protection because i want peoples stuff to get griefed. I do plan on building many things on this server. I am in no way against protection, I just dont think having every guest constantly calling for protection is good for the server. Now if we were to add a builder rank, they could get protection.

As i wrote last night. Go to supremeserver.. Its not like you just log on the server and ask for protection right away, you had to make somthing "worth" protecting..

Your comment makes no sence at all.. Whats the difference between being called to fix grief, or protecting an area ?? plz explain.. placing protection solves grief once and for all, and its solved while OP's are offline aswell..

Im still waiting for you to post the downsides to protection, ive posted many upsides..

Muh
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 02:28:43 pm by Muhnator »

Muhnator

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2011, 02:30:44 pm »

[/quote]

You fail the see the point of my comment..

Opinions on protection is based on the players efford into the build. Of course your building deserves protection just as mutch as mine. This is why i dont understand why ppl are against protection..
But i remeber doom breeaking into my mine aswell, and having problems with respecting ppl's stuff.. We had a talk about it, and since then i havent seen anything wierd, it just feels like he still wants the window to be open for doing it again. This makes me wonder....

Muh
[/quote]

I can see your point, and it is valid.
I have joint questions for you.
1. If nothing bad is happening anymore, what is the problem?
2. Think about void to bedrock protection. Imagine you are mining, not griefing. You mine, and mine. No diamonds (I know this is not valid for you, as you have 100s) but finally you come across one. You mine it. You can't, its protected, as it is 70 layers under some protected place. How would you feel?

Muhnator

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2011, 02:37:59 pm »

2. Think about void to bedrock protection. Imagine you are mining, not griefing. You mine, and mine. No diamonds (I know this is not valid for you, as you have 100s) but finally you come across one. You mine it. You can't, its protected, as it is 70 layers under some protected place. How would you feel?

1. Im trying to suggest a permanet solution. Just cuz the ones that didnt know how to behave is now pretending to be respectfull again, hasent solved the problem, its just been moved.. (my work irl greatly involves findig permanet solutions, and im really good at it)

2. I would turn 180 degrees and facepalm myself for mining in that area, since i must have been blind not spotting the structure above ground in the protected area. The last thing i would do, is blame others for my own mistake..

Muh
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 02:49:17 pm by Muhnator »

Muhnator

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2011, 02:53:56 pm »

1. Im trying to suggest a permanet solution. Just cuz the ones that didnt know how to behave is now pretending to be respectfull again, hasent solved the problem, its just been moved.. (my work irl greatly involves findig permanet solutions, and im really good at it)

2. I would turn 180 degrees and facepalm myself for mining in that area, since i must have been blind not spotting the structure above ground in the protected area. The last thing i would do, is blame others for my own mistake..

Muh

1. And the permanant solution is either don't ban or ban them if they do it again, no?

2. So you say you go overground, measure how far you mine exactly, then start mining, counting out each and every block? Because you can often mine 50+ blocks in a direction in a few mins without realising...

Muhnator

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2011, 03:00:23 pm »

1. And the permanant solution is either don't ban or ban them if they do it again, no?

2. So you say you go overground, measure how far you mine exactly, then start mining, counting out each and every block? Because you can often mine 50+ blocks in a direction in a few mins without realising...

1. Read the tread, im talking about protection, not banning. And since you are the staffmember i caught griefing my place, i think this is why you are tryin to troll this tread.

2. You should learn to focus more...

Muhnator