May 20, 2024, 07:51:05 pm

Author Topic: Operator SpikeyThorn - Advertising  (Read 1357 times)

gurgonis

Operator SpikeyThorn - Advertising
« on: June 04, 2011, 12:10:01 pm »
I saw this operator today that adverted his own server  . I will show you the sceens .

You can check the logs for the rest . As far as i know adverting is bannable offence . I leave this with you , my job was to report it .

Regards ,

Gurg
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 12:14:52 pm by gurgonis »

SpikeyThorn

• “Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.”
  • -Griefer impaler-
    • View Profile
Re: Operator SpikeyThorn - Advertising
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 12:15:41 pm »
Look into the logs
you will see that i was just trying to find somebody who could help me test /fly, to see if it was lagy

Take what action you wish

-Edit : Think of this, the sentence 'I killed an apple' That sounds like you ate an apple, but if you only read the first part, it sounds like you've commited a terrible crime? 'i killed'

-spikeythorn
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 12:54:35 pm by SpikeyThorn »

Puke456

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 12:23:40 pm »
I have to say that even if spikey was ONLY aiming to test /fly, he still shouldn't have advertised in the process of doing that. You can test /fly without advertising your server on another server. By his motives we only have his word to go on, by his actions, they're bannable if not at the least demote-able.

Luke

Ramkitty

• The Thinker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 12:45:06 pm »
I wouldnt call this advertising, spikey is not asking people to join his server and stay there he was only asking for someone to help its not like he was taking people. This will be left to the admins to check the chat logs and to decide what to do but imo this was not advertising at all.

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 02:21:53 pm »
That was very immature of you to say that, gurgonis.

Spartan

• Follow my Twitter!
  • Champion Member
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 12:05:04 am »
Sorry for posting, but i must dissagree raul. Advertising is against the rules, so he reported him. How is that in anyway immature. If another rank was advertising, like a recruit, they would likely be banned. But why is there no consequences for ops???
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 12:38:25 am by Spartan »

morten2ela

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 12:55:24 am »
Sorry for posting, but i must dissagree raul. Advertising is against the rules, so he reported him. How is that in anyway immature. If another rank was advertising, like a recruit, they would likely be banned. But why is there no consequences for ops???

It is not against the rules, yet. The case is being discussed at the moment. If we do decide to add this rule, you will be able to read it under the "Server News" sub-forum.