May 04, 2024, 07:41:14 am

Author Topic: No more reservations!  (Read 23100 times)

cedric199870

Re: Reserving space - recruits
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2011, 04:57:37 pm »
We dont can reserve space at the world, but i think we can reserve space in air?
(up bedrock level)???
if we reserve space in the air, we're dont destroyin the other recruits space, just using another space.
except for building too much tall
if i'm correctly, reply this topic plz
thanks, Reator
reater wth?, you are one of the guys who griefed our work i think

akosibitoy

• I love spriting!
    • View Profile
Re: Reserving space - recruits
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2011, 02:05:14 am »
We dont can reserve space at the world, but i think we can reserve space in air?
(up bedrock level)???
if we reserve space in the air, we're dont destroyin the other recruits space, just using another space.
except for building too much tall
if i'm correctly, reply this topic plz
thanks, Reator
reater wth?, you are one of the guys who griefed our work i think

Impossible,it is clearly seen in /whois that he has been absent in the server for 1 week

turtleman918

Re: Reserving space - recruits (other ranks too)
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2011, 08:46:23 pm »
"outlining" a project is reserving in our eyes, we will remove outlined structures if no progress is made within a very short ammount of time.
Can't even outline, just start building and call an admin/op if someone starts in your way later.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 08:48:44 pm by TurtleMan918 »

zoogoo40

• rawrrrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2011, 07:35:55 am »
in a builder world ages ago i made a barier around where i was going to build, i filled it with lava ( took ages ) and the next day all bariers where gone but mine ( as it had lava in it ) so the message, only wall off if you are going to use ALL the space
I have a sence of empending doom...

Luminaeus

• Crafter #008
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2011, 08:08:35 am »
New recruits need to be informed of this policy. Many are making massive outlines thinking it's completely kosher.

We should also impress upon them that it's better to have a smaller, detailed build, than a massive, zero detail monolith.

lLLEGAL

• Recruit Operator
  • Champion Member
  • Legacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2011, 09:07:27 am »
Uh may I ask, how am I going to build a massive build without having others build into it while it is being built?

frodonk

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2011, 01:21:29 pm »
New recruits need to be informed of this policy. Many are making massive outlines thinking it's completely kosher.

We should also impress upon them that it's better to have a smaller, detailed build, than a massive, zero detail monolith.

case in point: /j recruit

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2011, 01:54:30 pm »
I am actually tempted to say that reserving space is a good idea. My point is that yesterday, I started to build in recruit (I don't feel my builds are good enough for operator/builder). Today I came back, and my build was totally surrounded by other builds, making new work on it impossible. I don't mean near, I mean on 1 side, the other build was touching, on the other sides, I had 1 to 2 blocks space.

As well as raising the bar for new recruits (As in making promotions much harder), I feel we should allow some sort of reservation, as long as there is progress to the build and a clear outline of the build, not a huge rectangle.

I feel some recruits (Not all, some just lack imagination) may be building smaller as they know that a half finished project counts for less than a finished one, and they will not have space to finish if they leave their builds.

lLLEGAL

• Recruit Operator
  • Champion Member
  • Legacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2011, 02:01:29 pm »
What claw said.
I'm afraid I can't make a build that I was intending to make, due to space constraints.

frodonk

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2011, 02:22:16 pm »
the only solution i could see is to wait for a new recruit world to be generated, then go back to the previous world, and ask an op to remove any outline of a build that was not finished or just an outline and use the space to build.

of course, this takes a long time, and by then most of the space are already used up anyway.

if this is a correct solution, then we could ask the admins to generate recruit worlds more quickly, ensuring that more space will be available, given the number of active recruits right now, it seems to be a possible solution

that, and another one is to make 2 new recruit worlds at the same time, but that would be not acceptable to the admins i think, and recruits would just be outlining/reserving space on both worlds that they would not build on anyway, although i think its a good idea, since serious recruit builders will have more space for their projects, thus raising the quality of recruit builds as a whole.

Ramkitty

• The Thinker
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2011, 04:27:33 pm »
the reason we got rid of reserveing space is because people were coming onto a new world reserving huge spaces, the disspearing for like weeks, then coming back making little progress and dissapearing again. this leaves ugly unfinished structures which we do not want on the server.

i will always remove any reserved space and the person who reserved it will be banned for 3 days if left for like a week or so.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2011, 04:48:15 pm »
the reason we got rid of reserveing space is because people were coming onto a new world reserving huge spaces, the disspearing for like weeks, then coming back making little progress and dissapearing again. this leaves ugly unfinished structures which we do not want on the server.

i will always remove any reserved space and the person who reserved it will be banned for 3 days if left for like a week or so.

I totally agree with you. This is why I suggested only reserving the outline of the build, and there has to be visable progress (A decent amount) every say 24 hours unless otherwise explained.

I do think a ban on the first offence is a bit harsh (Often people just don't know) but ok/

frodonk

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2011, 06:38:11 pm »
to make it clear, if there's still no or little progress in any reserved space for 1 week, the person who reserved will be banned, and the outline/ not finished structure will be removed? correct?

i guess that solves it. :D

Luminaeus

• Crafter #008
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2011, 07:44:13 pm »
When I was member/recruit/builder I would always section out the area I intended to build in with a 1x high rectangle. It's very helpful, especially when finding axis of symmetry and measuring relative distances. But I would never just do an outline and leave it.

So, if you've got time to build a 100x100 outline then you've got time to start your building too. If not, then you should probably wait until you do have time to start building.

lLLEGAL

• Recruit Operator
  • Champion Member
  • Legacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2011, 01:47:37 am »
So as long as I don't leave it for a week without improving, I can outline my project?