May 10, 2024, 08:16:53 pm

Author Topic: What do you think this is?  (Read 15819 times)

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think this is?
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2014, 05:07:10 pm »
Yippee, another mob that makes no sense. What is this one? A squid racist?
It's not the whole thing, it's part of it.  Just wait until he reveals the whole thing
Of course it's not the whole thing, they're most likely gonna add a flying rabbit too.

Yippee, another mob that makes no sense.

Most of Jeb's mobs updates make no sense. I'll give him credit for the world generation things, and maybe horses, but apart from that...

We've had a shit ton of changes that are not in use (Authentication system, attributes, skin servers, Minecraft Realms (Does anyone actually use it?), statistics, shaders... I could go on, and that's not even including mobs/items).

As for the head thing... I don't even want to know. Anything that kills squids is bad in my books. They're rare enough as it is.
And hey, don't forget the new UUID updates that break pretty much every Bukkit plugin to ever exist, just so kids that named their account MinecraftDude101 can change their usernames.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 05:11:03 pm by xDeeKay »

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2014, 09:00:54 pm »
Yippee, another mob that makes no sense.

Most of Jeb's mobs updates make no sense. I'll give him credit for the world generation things, and maybe horses, but apart from that...

We've had a shit ton of changes that are not in use (Authentication system, attributes, skin servers, Minecraft Realms (Does anyone actually use it?), statistics, shaders... I could go on, and that's not even including mobs/items).

As for the head thing... I don't even want to know. Anything that kills squids is bad in my books. They're rare enough as it is.
Squids aren't rare clawie <3. If it happens to be near a squid then it will kill it

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2014, 09:07:52 pm »
And hey, don't forget the new UUID updates that break pretty much every Bukkit plugin to ever exist, just so kids that named their account MinecraftDude101 can change their usernames.

It's not like plugins are pretty much the only reason Minecraft is popular or anything... Jeb totally knows what he's doing.

Squids aren't rare clawie <3. If it happens to be near a squid then it will kill it

I searched for hours trying to find some damn squids to make a set of armour. Hopefully it's just one of those features which is announced and never comes out

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2014, 09:16:16 pm »
It's Squidward!

I don't think I can get that image out my head now... thanks!

Hopefully it's just one of those features which is announced and never comes out

Lecterns look like they are actually pretty cool, would be a nice way to display books. I feel your squids are still going to be unsafe though, Jeb is already done with the mob.

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2014, 09:17:34 pm »

It's not like plugins are pretty much the only reason Minecraft is popular or anything... Jeb totally knows what he's doing.

I searched for hours trying to find some damn squids to make a set of armour. Hopefully it's just one of those features which is announced and never comes out
No it won't.  You don't follow up with future updates so you wouldn't know.  It's going along with the other underwater content and will be featured in a future snapshot.  We don't know everything about it so don't hate it already; that image might not even be the head for all we know

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2014, 09:33:50 pm »
We don't know everything about it so don't hate it already; that image might not even be the head for all we know

We can't be sure, but there is an unbelievably high chance that it is. I doubt he would have given it as a Reddit flair if it wasn't the head of the mob.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2014, 09:54:25 pm »
No it won't.  You don't follow up with future updates so you wouldn't know.  It's going along with the other underwater content and will be featured in a future snapshot.  We don't know everything about it so don't hate it already; that image might not even be the head for all we know

I'm not hating it. I'm just hating most of the recent updates, and expecting this one to be similar. I'll give it a chance though.

And if it's not the head... eh... Might be a bellybutton? But I doubt it.

Lecterns look like they are actually pretty cool, would be a nice way to display books.

Yeah, I'm honestly not sure why they didn't add them. It could use a bit of texture work, but the non-blockyness looks nice, for a change.

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2014, 10:57:14 pm »
Mojang made a portrait of me :/

Nothing_

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2014, 01:24:21 am »
Cthulhu possibly?

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2014, 03:01:19 am »
Cthulhu possibly?
Nah, Illuminati is hacking into minecraft now.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2014, 07:07:54 am »

lol. You say that now, but you're forgetting Opticraft has a massive homemade plugin, as well as scripts running throughout this website, which without any updates to 1.8, will be useless.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2014, 10:25:32 am »

lol. You say that now, but you're forgetting Opticraft has a massive homemade plugin, as well as scripts running throughout this website, which without any updates to 1.8, will be useless.

Thankfully, that's been sorted. Hopefully Jeb won't break them again.

~pimkey5~

• We put the world away, we get so Disconnected~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2014, 09:37:16 pm »
All I can think is 'cyclops' basically coz they only have one giant eye xD

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2014, 03:12:21 pm »

What if I told you that most of the opti stuff is already updated for 1.8?
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2014, 03:26:49 pm »

What if I told you that most of the opti stuff is already updated for 1.8?
I would say well done, here's a pat on the back mate.