May 05, 2024, 10:10:39 pm

Author Topic: Adding a "Server Stats"  (Read 3318 times)

frogsrock12

• Headmistress of Hogwarts
    • View Profile
Adding a "Server Stats"
« on: March 26, 2014, 09:34:47 pm »
So, I recently was thinking of how efficient it would be to have a "Server Stats" bar up by all the "Home", "Forum", and other things area. Some people like me find it fun checking out the server stats :P In that tab we could have things like top players (To see how many hours people have played on opticraft each month). Personally, I find this helpful because people then try to play a lot more to become the top player. We could also include more things like plugins currently running the server, and if the server is offline or online.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to see a "Server Stats" tab up there soon ;)

~frogs
~~~~~It's Just Me Again~~~~~

Mattkkk12345

Re: Adding a "Server Stats"
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 10:10:01 pm »
I am not against this and I could see this being put on, again it's just the question, is it easy enough to do, and will it affect us massively. The answer to affecting us a lot is kind of a no, yes, it would be a useful thing to have, but do we really need this, will it enhance are Opticraft experience. But, as you say about the online player time, I am not sure how you'd sync it with the server and also i'm sure you couldn't put all of our players on the list, perhaps the top 10-20 or 30? One thing is right, I know it's possible. From owning a MC enabled enjin website my self their plugin allows you to sync various data with the server and the site, and one of those is player 'online time'. How easy this would be for Opticraft I am not sure about. But I do not see anything wrong with it and it could be quite useful in some cases, +1!

- Matt

khoiboy51

• Official SMP Trusted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 06:08:52 am »
I think this is a pretty appropriate suggestion for opticraft and I entirely agree that we should have a top player rank. This is fairly similar to top voter +1

Hola.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 06:14:13 am »
Would this be a daily tally or a long running count for the stats?  If it's supposed to be long running we only have stats for ore and stone breaking in each world so far, and those don't include the first six months of logs as they are no longer accessible
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 03:39:26 pm »
I would think this is a good idea. If this were to be implemented into the website, I can easily guess that there won't be a whole new tab on the bar. They may put it under a forum tab. I see a few problems with this though, afking. People who jump in their iron farms and have a go at it for an hour by just typing in /ch l every once in a while, will have a higher chance of being ahead of the people who actually build and go mine. So once again, 'farms strike back'. Look at gavin for an example, how many hours do you think he was on the week he made 1 mil when iron was still allowed in the market? That would be quite the afk time. Another thing is, everyone's time would have to start from 0. Because some of the older players are going to be on the top list because they have been here for a while. Good thing most things can start from 0 when they are added to a website. I love the idea, I just don't think we should do 'most played' due to farms. Same with Most mobs killed, if that were to be added, enderfarms strike there.