May 02, 2024, 07:49:34 am

Author Topic: City Protection Options  (Read 2697 times)

XzTriggerHappyzX

• Don't Be Upsetti....Have A Bowl Of Spaghetti
    • View Profile
City Protection Options
« on: January 19, 2014, 10:08:45 am »
I was Just wondering if you have city protection, is there some options you can ask for, like: Mob-Spawning Deny, Snow-Melt Deny, Vine-Growth Deny, Snow-fall Deny or even your own custom color name using "&"?
If not maybe this should be considerd thanks
 - Trigger
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 10:35:32 am by XztriggerhappyzX »

tiggy26668

• View Profile
Re: City Protection Options
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 12:26:08 pm »
it's not really a thing... but i mean it's not that hard to ask an admin to change a flag real quick.

however keep in mind clearly they're not gonna turn on pvp or tnt in your region....

they'd prolly be on the fence about the mob spawning since it's survival but things like snow melt/fall and vine growth would prolly be acceptable things to ask for since it's really just vanity purposes

on a side note the admins don't really study the flag lists for world guard so unless it's one they've personally used before it helps to figure out what it is ahead of time  ;)
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

XzTriggerHappyzX

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 12:56:28 pm »
I agree with you you on that fact that tnt and pvp should not be altered but i think mob spawning should be a flag that we should be able to use. some builds are ment to look dark/gloomy/scary but with the minecraft mobs all areas dark have to be lit up in order to prevent thoughs mobs from spawning in the first place. i just think it takes away from the build if you have to light up everything and forgot about any dark/gloomy builds. for example my /home spire. there is a dark tunnel that is ment to look dark and abandend but i have to light it up due to mobs spawning and them getting in the way of the fine build. but yes i do agree with what you are saying. Thanks
 - Trigger

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 05:17:34 pm »
it's not really a thing... but i mean it's not that hard to ask an admin to change a flag real quick.

however keep in mind clearly they're not gonna turn on pvp or tnt in your region....

they'd prolly be on the fence about the mob spawning since it's survival but things like snow melt/fall and vine growth would prolly be acceptable things to ask for since it's really just vanity purposes

on a side note the admins don't really study the flag lists for world guard so unless it's one they've personally used before it helps to figure out what it is ahead of time  ;)
1. We turn off mob spawning and stuff in protected regions all the time. 2. I know pretty much every worldguard flag.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 06:28:28 pm »

1. We turn off mob spawning and stuff in protected regions all the time. 2. I know pretty much every worldguard flag.

well aren't u mr mc smartty pants lol

nyssa did the flags for my region and she was clueless that's y i said it... u've been at this a while nick so im not surprised u'd know um all, just like tobs uses world edit for building stuff like the member spawn so i'm sure he's familiar with um to
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

XzTriggerHappyzX

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 10:31:45 pm »
So just to confirm. we can have ask for a flag and depends on the flag it will be granted?
What about the colourful name?
How Would we ask for it? would we add a note in the application? Thanks
 - Trigger
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 11:28:28 pm by XztriggerhappyzX »

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 08:18:09 am »
You can just ask in game. I'm not entirely sure how to actually add a color to the name of a region, ill have to look it up.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 08:28:33 am »
You can just ask in game. I'm not entirely sure how to actually add a color to the name of a region, ill have to look it up.

http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/WorldGuard/Regions/Flags#String

XzTriggerHappyzX

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 08:41:30 am »
can the "city Protection" post be updated with a little note say that things like this can be added simply by asking? thanks guys
 - trigger