May 08, 2024, 12:55:01 pm

Author Topic: Opticraft on Instagram  (Read 3067 times)

Quinton_P

• Smp Member
    • View Profile
Opticraft on Instagram
« on: October 17, 2013, 12:04:21 pm »
Ok now lets get one thing straight. Opticraft is dieing slowly in players. But one thing that is growing every day is the app instagram, for which if no one know what it is, it where you share pictures and get followersand you can also follow people. The reason i think this will help is i made my own page on instagram once for just offline world, i got 150 followers in one day. This will really help with getting.new people on, heck its free advertising. I could run it (or someone higher up could Run it ). Whoever does run it could just basically like a more active forum, posting forum news and cool builds,  just basically cool stuff to make people join. So please take into my consideration to making this. (Dont mind my incorrect grammar im on my phone )
~~Live On~~

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
Re: Opticraft on Instagram
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 08:53:21 pm »
I kinda agree with this to an extent. It would be cool to have someone who could post some nice builds and maybe put something up when the site is down or anything like that. Though I do think it would be best to have an operator run any account like this. At first I really didnt like this idea at all, but now I kinda do if its not just kids that like to post pictures of them twerking in minecraft or anything like that. Also it is free advertising, but I dont think that it would bring in too many players realistically. If anything it could bring more griefers actually. Though any amount of players it does bring could beneficial to the server and having it wouldnt hurt.

360OLLIE

• Mank Demes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 12:04:08 am »
I kinda agree with this to an extent. It would be cool to have someone who could post some nice builds and maybe put something up when the site is down or anything like that. Though I do think it would be best to have an operator run any account like this. At first I really didnt like this idea at all, but now I kinda do if its not just kids that like to post pictures of them twerking in minecraft or anything like that. Also it is free advertising, but I dont think that it would bring in too many players realistically. If anything it could bring more griefers actually. Though any amount of players it does bring could beneficial to the server and having it wouldnt hurt.

What he said.

+1

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 01:36:30 am »
I really like this idea in a lot of ways. It can bring new players into the community. Even if it does bring more griefers in, that is why we have plugins to help take care of that. The main point is the it will bring more people into opticraft. Instagram would be a very great way of advertising for the server however, we don't want to seem like a ad that people will see all over the place.
I enjoy that it would bring a larger community but the biggest way to bring in new guests, is to make sure you vote for the server whenever you can. This will bring in plenty of newcomers! All in all Instagram would be a cool idea, but I think it would be a little overboard for the server just because it makes more things that people would have to keep track of.

roboticaldude

• SMP Trusted and Classic Myth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 10:55:22 am »
There is one problem. What if either all or most your friends A. Are griefers or B. They don't think mc is fun.
Close captioning brought to you by EVERYTHING. We can't show you since there is so much!

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 09:47:45 pm »
There is one problem. What if either all or most your friends A. Are griefers or B. They don't think mc is fun.
It won't matter if there are griefers, The whole point is to get new people. We have the plugins to fix grief if it does. Plus if your friends don't care about MC, then it won't matter, they will most likely ignore it.

Quinton_P

• Smp Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 09:48:55 pm »
Its not gonna be my friends its gonna be an opticraft page, not advertising opticraft on my.page
~~Live On~~

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 04:03:58 pm »
Hey guys, so uh, I built this wicked looking hut I thought I'd share. I'll throw this filter on it too, just so it looks less shit.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 12:52:18 am »
Social networks are simply not the way to go in my opinion. You want to increase our player count? Advertise opticraft everywhere other than other servers. Any games you play other than minecraft? Put under your profile that you play this cool server called opticraft and some shit like that then put the IP. That way, you get the attention of gamers and not just a group of friends in real life that don't even have Minecraft. So basically, like this idea, but only not on Instagram. Just everywhere else.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.