May 04, 2024, 04:34:53 pm

Author Topic: Hall of fame warp station  (Read 16160 times)

morgosin

• View Profile
Re: Hall of fame warp station
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2014, 02:57:45 pm »
Or you could just have signs that lead to the places instead of moving them
Most people dont really like random people just being warped to their builds.

Well I can see how world edit could have issues with really large builds.

But perhaps create a void world a pathway though the void if I may. and place those builds that are to big in their own floating island. with the signs going to the island and not the actual build.

Think the mighty quest for epic loot. Floating castles why not make floating builds. I've done similar things on my own server. the world edits can be taxing. but if there is no world to render, it's relatively cheap on the server.
Sometimes life sucks.... but then you see a picture of Bowsette and everything gets better.

frogsrock12

• Headmistress of Hogwarts
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2014, 11:37:32 pm »
Not a bad idea but we would need a size limit. Moving huge structures takes way too long due to having to break them up into pieces.
I moved Turtleman918's huge spleef arena (twice) without being able to build in his world.
How long did it take you, exactly?
multiple hours
Exactly. I doubt people can spend that much time working on a project like that. Just get the owner's permission to place a warp at their home, so we save a lot of time.
~~~~~It's Just Me Again~~~~~

khoiboy51

• Official SMP Trusted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2014, 07:56:26 am »
All in favour say Aye!
AYE!!

Hola.

khoiboy51

• Official SMP Trusted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2014, 10:05:53 am »
 Love the idea, we could make like warp stations with item frames with maps. It would look pretty cool

Hola.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2014, 04:45:17 pm »

But perhaps create a void world a pathway though the void if I may. and place those builds that are to big in their own floating island. with the signs going to the island and not the actual build.

Think the mighty quest for epic loot. Floating castles why not make floating builds. I've done similar things on my own server. the world edits can be taxing. but if there is no world to render, it's relatively cheap on the server.
This is pretty irrelevant since the warp station would just take them to the build itself, we don't need to copy it.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

morgosin

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2014, 09:31:39 pm »

This is pretty irrelevant since the warp station would just take them to the build itself, we don't need to copy it.

I was attempting to make a compramize. We all know the first thing a nooby is going to do is A. Try and grief it, or B. live close to it.

No good builder wants to see a wood/mud shack next to their build. this was what I was trying to say.
Sometimes life sucks.... but then you see a picture of Bowsette and everything gets better.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2014, 11:15:46 pm »

I was attempting to make a compramize. We all know the first thing a nooby is going to do is A. Try and grief it, or B. live close to it.

No good builder wants to see a wood/mud shack next to their build. this was what I was trying to say.
Well you are going to have to have project protection in order to be included in this.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2014, 12:03:50 am »
Anything worthy of this would easily get project protection anyways.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2014, 12:37:20 am »
So this is basically just waiting on someone to build a warp station then? I don't see anything bad about the concept at all
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2014, 06:35:34 pm »
Has been done. Locked