May 13, 2024, 10:56:31 pm

Author Topic: PVP is now open!  (Read 62510 times)

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
Re: PVP is now open!
« Reply #120 on: August 08, 2013, 11:40:07 pm »
In the future, it would be nice to have an arena where we get a standard loadout (Full iron armor + sword and bow) so that if people don't want to lose items they go there. Plus results in a lot less rage.
Nice idea

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 09, 2013, 12:11:07 am »
It would be cool if you could apply for plots in the pvp world to make your own arenas- ik that nick has said that all arenas would be owned by the server, but I think that DIYing arenas could be a fun build.
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

UnknownHedgehog

• Pointy Hedgehog
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 09, 2013, 12:20:48 am »
Here's a list of the arenas and the people who built them:

• Block Fort: Nick3306
  • Gerudo Valley: UnknownHedgehog
  • Jungle: Kodak28
  • Nebulus: Saeberus
  • Cave of the Past: UnknownHedgehog
  • Kraken: Saeberus
  • Curmudgeon: Redchecks
  • Rooftop: UnknownHedgehog
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 02:20:55 am by UnknownHedgehog »

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 09, 2013, 03:44:59 am »
so after being intitially butthurt i came back on and had some fun. the arenas are well done

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 09, 2013, 04:09:54 am »
In the future, it would be nice to have an arena where we get a standard loadout (Full iron armor + sword and bow) so that if people don't want to lose items they go there. Plus results in a lot less rage.
I would like to but there is no way for me to do this without some sort of coding.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

morgosin

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 09, 2013, 05:09:20 am »
I've used a plugin on my server that allowed you to have set items. I forget what its called right off the bat but its not hard to set up, from what i've heard. Its just part of the config file, you can specify armor kits and weapons.

Its similar to Mob areana, spleef areana, and the paintball plugin.
Sometimes life sucks.... but then you see a picture of Bowsette and everything gets better.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 09, 2013, 07:19:55 am »
I would like to but there is no way for me to do this without some sort of coding.

It's possible to do that with command blocks, as far as I understand.

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 09, 2013, 09:01:36 am »
I've used a plugin on my server that allowed you to have set items. I forget what its called right off the bat but its not hard to set up, from what i've heard. Its just part of the config file, you can specify armor kits and weapons.

Its similar to Mob areana, spleef areana, and the paintball plugin.
If there is any sort of coding, optical wants to code it himself. All of the plugins are coded by optical because he's afraid of backdoors (we had a few problems with backdoors) which means optical has to take a look at the plugin and code it himself. This takes a lot of effort and time, and sometimes we don't have effort or time.

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 09, 2013, 09:51:15 am »
TRUE me and salsa are thinking of ways that we could do it...not much you can though.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #129 on: August 09, 2013, 03:34:14 pm »

According to what I've heard, no one can use command blocks on the server in its current state.  Including Opticalza
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 09, 2013, 03:50:04 pm »

According to what I've heard, no one can use command blocks on the server in its current state.  Including Opticalza
Correct, they are entirely disabled on the server. Plus people would just get armor over and over again then take it back into the regular worlds.

Coolcrab88

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 09, 2013, 06:59:45 pm »
People would just get armor over and over again then take it back into the regular worlds.

Really? On some servers there's a plugin that makes it so you can use different inventories in different worlds. Like if you go to regular Guest/ Member/ Old Guest then you'll have your average inventory, when you go to PvP World then you'll have, a full set of armour, tools and food. I'm pretty sure that's what happens on regular PvP servers that have customized arenas.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 09, 2013, 07:04:43 pm »
People would just get armor over and over again then take it back into the regular worlds.

Really? On some servers there's a plugin that makes it so you can use different inventories in different worlds. Like if you go to regular Guest/ Member/ Old Guest then you'll have your average inventory, when you go to PvP World then you'll have, a full set of armour, tools and food. I'm pretty sure that's what happens on regular PvP servers that have customized arenas.
Like I said, I cant do it without any coding.

Coolcrab88

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 09, 2013, 07:13:58 pm »

Why not code?

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 09, 2013, 07:16:36 pm »

Why not code?
Because there is no one to do it.