May 07, 2024, 07:09:02 am

Author Topic: Concerning any builds in the old guest world  (Read 25108 times)

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
Re: Concerning any builds in the old guest world
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2013, 12:59:32 pm »
Just myself. 360OLLIE's town is nearby though. It is a shop, with chestshops and all that stuff, so a railroad would be nice.
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

icooliam

• I'm on Skype add me my name is icooliam
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2013, 05:27:18 pm »
Name of place: 2468avc's Base
Any other way to get to place   e.g /home username: /home 2468avc
What is the actual place: My base
Co-Ords: giving the map link is easier for me
Map link*:http://smp.opticraft.net/map/#/-1751/64/787/max/1/0
Photos of place*:
Your in-game name: 2468avc
Biome: Desert
Any other information*: If I get city protection, the location of the station will change.

Sorry, application denied - the rails take me ages top make and even longer to collect the supplies, I will not be making a rail for just probably one person to use. If you really want the rail to be put in to your base I will put it in for a cost of $10,000.

Just myself. 360OLLIE's town is nearby though. It is a shop, with chestshops and all that stuff, so a railroad would be nice.

360OLLIE will have to make an application if he wants his town to be added.
Visit Towona (my town) now using /home icooliam

Afro_

• No, don't look here look there --->
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2013, 05:35:50 pm »
Cool.

And I believe avc's base has 1 resident...
Poor seaweed. He looks so weird toilets in a tree with no car on.
                  Opticraft:
SMP Trusted

icooliam

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2013, 05:56:20 pm »
Cool.

And I believe avc's base has 1 resident...

Yes - which is the precise reason why I'm not making a rail there.

icooliam

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2013, 01:51:43 pm »
Sorry for double post but this is something completely different from the last post.

I have now designed a name and a logo for this rail! The rail will be called the OGWR which stands for old-guest-world-rail.
the logo for in-game signs is below:

-O-------
--G------
---W----
----R----

Afro_Rick the rail tunnel is currently being build going to your town and WoodenSlime yours is next when I've finished the train station for your town. Everyone please please donate any rail (normal or powered), picks, wood, fence (wood), redstone, iron, hoppers, redstone and normal torches, buttons (any type), minecarts or anything that you think will be of use to me. please donate any of these things at /home icooliam. I also need money so if you see me online please give me some money, thanks

Chronos

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2013, 11:05:39 pm »
nice idea can i help?

CrazyGamer2000

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2013, 07:26:42 pm »
Name of place: Oasis Tower (Town in a tower)
Any other way to get to place: /home CrazyGamer2000
What is the actual place: A giant hotel in a tower
Coords: (X: -1778) (Z: -1098)
Map Link*: N/A
Photos of place*: N/A
My in game name: CrazyGamer2000
Additional information: I have iron golems here so please don't kill them. Also I am in the process of making a town
near by so I may want to connect it later but I will probably do this myself unless I run out of resources.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 07:29:31 pm by CrazyGamer2000 »

Afro_

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2013, 01:54:21 am »
Got it. I shall also make up a name. Passengers travel by minecart, correct? If so, do they pay for one, or do they bring their own? And something: Someone could easily use a /home to get there, so there should be something... um... fixing that. ;D Bye now!

And also, may I make a post about all the information/stations, or shall you do that ;D
                  Opticraft:
SMP Trusted

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2013, 05:29:38 am »
Got it. I shall also make up a name. Passengers travel by minecart, correct? If so, do they pay for one, or do they bring their own? And something: Someone could easily use a /home to get there, so there should be something... um... fixing that. ;D Bye now!

And also, may I make a post about all the information/stations, or shall you do that ;D

Just have each station have a boarding and unboarding zone. When boarding, you press a button, a dispenser places a minecart. The user gets in, and presses a button to start the minecart. Then you have the unboarding area. This is simple. Take a hopper, place a rail on top of it. The hopper will need to face to the side. The hopper can't face forward because there will be a sand block there with a cactus on it. As the minecart runs into the cactus in the unloading zone, it will be turned back into an item that can be picked up. This item immediately gets sucked up by the hopper blow the end of the minecart rails. That hopper can then be used with some redstone work to place the minecart in the boarding/departure zone for future use. All minecarts get recycled. The only issue is if people unboard the minecart, and destroy it to take for themselves, or to leave on the tracks as an annoyance.

Best griefer name ^

icooliam

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2013, 05:47:13 pm »
nice idea can i help?

You can indeed by donating at /home icooliam, make sure you put the items in my chest though  :D.

Name of place: Oasis Tower (Town in a tower)
Any other way to get to place: /home CrazyGamer2000
What is the actual place: A giant hotel in a tower
Coords: (X: -1778) (Z: -1098)
Map Link*: N/A
Photos of place*: N/A
My in game name: CrazyGamer2000
Additional information: I have iron golems here so please don't kill them. Also I am in the process of making a town
near by so I may want to connect it later but I will probably do this myself unless I run out of resources.

Ok, thanks for the application - I will tell you soon if your accepted.

I will make the post but thanks for the offer, people will not pay for minecarts or bring thier own, it shall work on the basic system Chief149 said about however I will change the design a little.

Also people! Because I'm worried people will teleport away or leave thier minecarts on the track I am making a system where I can see where the minecarts are in a 100 block radius, this will also mean you can see if someones coming up the track towards you!  ;D

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2013, 07:35:37 pm »
I would suggest you use a double minetrack system. A to and from track system. It will take more tracks, but it will fix the potential problem of colliding minecarts. Also, I would space your powered rails out 8 blocks each, or just close enough to keep unloaded minecarts from stopping. That way when another rider gets in range to make the empty minecart active again, it will move with its original velocity, and hopefully stay ahead of the player until it reaches the cactus/unloader.

Suggestion 2, use pistons in the unloading dock. Use a powered rail to detect the player arrival, make a 1.2 second delay with repeaters, and then have a piston push the player out of the loading dock. Use another piston to keep players from getting back into the loading dock, but that also retracts to allow players to be pushed out.

Best griefer name ^

Afro_

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2013, 12:57:32 pm »
Nice system, chief. Shall we hire someone to check the track every once in a while? I could do that ;D
                  Opticraft:
SMP Trusted

Quinton_P

• Smp Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2013, 12:40:24 am »
Hello all. I have been planning for a while to build a railway running through the old guest world, now I have enough resources to do so. The train-line's main station will be built when I am sure of where it is going, at the moment the only station for the train-line is my town. Please could anyone who has a public place in the old guest world (public place meaning any town/village/city, shop, restaurant/cafe farms ect) fill out the form below, thankyou.

* = Optional

Name of place:
Any other way to get to place   e.g /home username:
What is the actual place:
Co-Ords:
Hey icooliam I have a railway started already, its pretty small probably only 500 blocks long and back but if you need help with making a railway I could help since I'm expeirenced.
Map link*:
Photos of place*:
Your in-game name:
Biome:
Any other information*:

Please only submit the form above if you are the owner of the public place. If a form is submitted and accepted the poster of the form will receive $1250 in-game money. The poster will then be asked to show icooliam where the train station can be build and the rail will then be put in, however sometimes the rail may take quite a while to be put in.

Accepted Forms
(click to show/hide)
Current Stations
(click to show/hide)
~~Live On~~

Angelsrage21

• Im nice, I promise :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2013, 01:19:04 am »
I am the Co-Owner of a city, but the owner has told me he does not wish to have this done.

Afro_

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2013, 11:57:28 am »
I am the Co-Owner of a city, but the owner has told me he does not wish to have this done.
We don't really need to know this...
                  Opticraft:
SMP Trusted