May 23, 2024, 10:49:12 pm

Author Topic: We need the minecart problem fixed  (Read 4088 times)

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
We need the minecart problem fixed
« on: June 16, 2013, 03:39:36 am »
My suggestion is simple... disable the anticheat anti-fly feature.

Honestly I don't like the idea of disabling anti cheat for flying players, but they can still be easily caught, and players in the past have done well with reporting flying players to moderators.

The fact is, this anti cheat feature is teleporting us when we get out of a minecart, or worse. The plugin sometimes actually kills us! The only time this doesn't happen is when you get out of a minecart at the same level as you got in so your Z position is relatively the same. The feature is working to prevent any fly mods from working on this server, but I think it is affecting the legitimate players more than it is stopping any potential cheaters. It needs to be fixed somehow.

Best griefer name ^

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
Re: We need the minecart problem fixed
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 03:43:58 am »
Also the plugin prevents you from super fast running in a two tall area. In single player this is one of the best modes of transportation and I think this should be addressed as welk

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 04:00:47 am »
Also the plugin prevents you from super fast running in a two tall area. In single player this is one of the best modes of transportation and I think this should be addressed as welk
THis is a terrible reason compared to the one chief provided lol. And sorry but there is nothing we as admins can do about this. Opti is already aware of most of this stuff.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 04:26:02 am »
THis is a terrible reason compared to the one chief provided lol. And sorry but there is nothing we as admins can do about this. Opti is already aware of most of this stuff.
Well*

Lol, I'm referring to the speed run trick where you can move insanelty fast in A two high area by spamming the space bar. Anti cheat assumed you have a speed hack and tips you back to where you started running

To duplicate this dig a 2 high tunnel, start and one end and sprint while spamming the space bar.

Excuse the shitty spelling. I'm on my phone being as my internet is shot

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 06:37:02 pm »
Well*

Lol, I'm referring to the speed run trick where you can move insanelty fast in A two high area by spamming the space bar. Anti cheat assumed you have a speed hack and tips you back to where you started running

To duplicate this dig a 2 high tunnel, start and one end and sprint while spamming the space bar.

Excuse the shitty spelling. I'm on my phone being as my internet is shot
I know what you are talking about, but i honestly don't care about that. The minecart thing is much more important than some exploit to go faster.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 06:50:11 pm »
Looking at the section I posted this in, I think this may belong in Suggestions, not Support. I apologize for this mistake.

Anyways, I do support there being a form of anti cheat in place to prevent flying and such, but unless there is a form of anti-fly cheat that will not cause the minecart issues, I really think the anti-cheat needs to be temporarily disabled until another solution can be thought of.
     In the beginning I was willing to put up with these issues and just deal with it, but it's becoming bad enough for those of us that are playing fairly that we might as well never use minecarts now. I've even been teleported on rare occasion after traveling on flat tracks. It's very rare for me, but it has happened twice now where I ride on flat tracks, and get teleported.

Best griefer name ^

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 06:15:17 am »
I think all it takes is to update NC+, and to mess around with the vehicle/fly options within NC+.
If you've seen the config, you'll know what I'm talking about.

NC+ is propably just being picky because of a lack of tweaking with those settings.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 06:33:00 am »
You could just walk. It's slow but it seems easiest atm (at least until we can get it fixed).

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 10:54:51 pm »
I've updated NoCheat+. If its still causing trouble, please respond with details.

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 11:54:38 pm »
I've updated NoCheat+. If its still causing trouble, please respond with details.
Thank you for doing that =)

PokeyzRule

• IGN: chinesehorse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 01:35:12 am »
*clap clap* Thanks Opticalza :) not lets try chief's iron farm again lols
Quote from: Winston Churchill
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Mew York
Get Razer Game Booster for free now!

andersad

• Get out there and live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 03:34:28 pm »
     THANK you! I was also dieng when I got off my transportation system for around my house.
Opticraft- Best SMP server EVER
Go get em' :)

hopper2468

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2013, 04:58:50 pm »
Thanks Opticalza, hopefully I won't die again while using chief's iron farm.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
Re: We need the minecart problem fixed [Fixed! Please Lock]
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2013, 12:37:04 am »
Thank you so much! This has been an issue worth fixing! I just tested a few things in the minecarts, and had no problems at all with teleporting or death.

Anyways, Ill post if anything happens again.

Thank you!

Really, this could be locked. No further discussion of this topic is necessary.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 05:06:30 pm by Chief149 »

Best griefer name ^