May 03, 2024, 02:55:49 pm

Author Topic: OCD about ban appeal dates  (Read 2864 times)

butterflywolves

• xx Builder xx Trusted xx
    • View Profile
OCD about ban appeal dates
« on: June 20, 2013, 06:49:52 pm »
I'm sure when you read the subject of this you were like "Hmm? What does that mean?" Well it's just me being a bit OCD and I was wondering if anyone was noticing this too. If you have read some of the ban appeals, especially some ones by Trusteds they tend to say some like "I've been on this server for over a year" or some people "I've been banned for a year" One thing I've noticed is people tend to OVER exaggerate about this kinda stuff and it bugs me. If its June wand you've been on for over a year, why doesn't your join date say "May 2012" when it actually says "September 2012" I don't know how many people also see the ones where it says "I've been banned for over a year, please pardon me" and they've only been banned for 6 months. Maybe people are just so over come with themselves about the ban that they just can't wait a year to appeal. I don't know if anyone has seen this before or I just happen to be the only one that does it.
~Butter
Im back.... I think

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: OCD about ban appeal dates
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 06:57:06 pm »
No matter what dates people throw around, the staff can easily check and find out =)

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 06:58:03 pm »
I'll check and see if they have a legitimate date, and if they dont i usually will keep it to myself. Staff members most likely check anyway.

Edit - ninja-ed my post dk

cattfish0612

• Digging dirt one block at a time :l ^
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 07:14:52 pm »
well its true but kids will be kids :p

ChocolateChloe17

• Co-owner of Xanadu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 08:13:27 pm »
well its true but kids will be kids :p

Lol

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 08:16:18 pm »
My favourite was on one of the suggestion topics. Started with: "I've been on this server for 2 years, and I've noticed that..."

His join date was about 3 days before the post was made.

PokeyzRule

• IGN: chinesehorse
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 12:05:27 am »
Just saying, the join date on the forums DOES NOT signify their join date on the server... Just in my occasion I registered before i joined the server... lols
Quote from: Winston Churchill
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Mew York
Get Razer Game Booster for free now!

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 07:20:19 am »
Just saying, the join date on the forums DOES NOT signify their join date on the server... Just in my occasion I registered before i joined the server... lols
True, but it's the only evidence anyone really has for someone's join date.

butterflywolves

• xx Builder xx Trusted xx
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 07:47:01 am »
I do realize the staff checks. I just think it's funny people think the staff won't check and go with what they say
Im back.... I think

zwaan111

• SMP - trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2013, 05:47:01 pm »

doesn't /whois show when somone joined? in classic it does.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2013, 06:50:50 pm »

/Whois is exclusive to staff only on SMP
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2013, 07:44:12 pm »

It doesn't.

---><--- Click the monkey

SJ321987

• hii
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2013, 08:28:34 pm »
I'm sure when you read the subject of this you were like "Hmm? What does that mean?" Well it's just me being a bit OCD and I was wondering if anyone was noticing this too. If you have read some of the ban appeals, especially some ones by Trusteds they tend to say some like "I've been on this server for over a year" or some people "I've been banned for a year" One thing I've noticed is people tend to OVER exaggerate about this kinda stuff and it bugs me. If its June wand you've been on for over a year, why doesn't your join date say "May 2012" when it actually says "September 2012" I don't know how many people also see the ones where it says "I've been banned for over a year, please pardon me" and they've only been banned for 6 months. Maybe people are just so over come with themselves about the ban that they just can't wait a year to appeal. I don't know if anyone has seen this before or I just happen to be the only one that does it.
~Butter
lol just dont look at them
~jenna