May 18, 2024, 06:09:00 am

Author Topic: Moderator Application - Chief149  (Read 3465 times)

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
Moderator Application - Chief149
« on: June 21, 2013, 06:53:54 pm »

In Game Name: Chief149

Were You Reccomended By Anyone: No

Why Should You Become A Moderator?: I I love playing on this server. It is the only server that I play on at all.  The moderators here have been great tome. Even in situations where I lost my temper  the moderators and admins didn't lose it and just ban me.  Most of the time when I request lava (or water when I was new on the server),  the moderators would be on the spot in minutes, and they would always offer quality help as if they were being paid well to do what they do. Of course I know  they are unpaid volunteers.  Basically, I want to give back to the server and help out the players.

I know some of my behavior on the server has been unsatisfactory or immature.  I know that is an area of concern. No server wants a moderator that is going  to behave immaturely.  Being a moderator would require me to act mature, and never lose my temper as I  would be representing the server. I would not want to screw up in that position.  I value hard work, and I value integrity. As a normal player, I goof off more, and of course not all goofing off of mine has been favorable.  To me, being a moderator would be no different than my job at Kroger. I  recognize that I would need to have exceptional behavior all the time.  Should I have this opportunity, I will be everything someone would expect a member of stuff to be.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 04:46:02 am by Chief149 »

Best griefer name ^

cattfish0612

• Digging dirt one block at a time :l ^
    • View Profile
Re: Moderator Application - Chief149
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 07:07:41 pm »
supported very nice and mature person :)

NotABronie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 07:11:52 pm »
Supported and gl :) very mature player.
Sincerely,
NotABronie
(click to show/hide)
Quote from: CaveJohnson
We're not banging rocks together here, we know how to put a body back together :D

andersad

• Get out there and live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 07:24:38 pm »
Supported fully!  ;D
Opticraft- Best SMP server EVER
Go get em' :)

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 07:40:30 pm »
Supported :) You are very mature

frogsrock12

• Headmistress of Hogwarts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 09:02:33 pm »
Supported! Good luck :3
~~~~~It's Just Me Again~~~~~

XzTriggerHappyzX

• Don't Be Upsetti....Have A Bowl Of Spaghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 09:24:01 pm »
Supported! you're very mature and can handle things great! Good Luck! :)

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 09:34:59 pm »
Wow! Thank you guys! I honestly didn't think so many people thought so highly of me. Even if I'm not accepted, thank you all so much for the compliments.  It really makes me happy to see those.

Best griefer name ^

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 10:52:25 pm »
What? You didn't know how awesome you are? lolz, supported all the way
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

Coolcrab88

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2013, 10:30:32 am »
Supported chief, you would and will make a good Moderator.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2013, 04:44:22 am »
Idk if this helps at all, but I do have a little bit of a background as a game server moderator. Not for Minecraft, but for other game servers.

Firstly, I was a game moderator for some game servers for Halo Combat Evolved. I started off as the moderator of some servers called ClubGI. I later became the server manager and was given access to the main server box that ran all of the Halo servers. I had fun, and got a couple moderators on board which I was responsible for watching over.

Over time I began getting into Half Life 2: Deathmatch (Multiplayer). I got into the roleplay servers, but stuck with a server called Syles RP. Over time I started wanting to be an admin. Eventually admin apps opened up, and I was chosen to become a server admin. My jobs were placing furniture and saving it for the players (on the game map players purchased apartments or houses, but they needed admins to save the furnature they purchased and spawned). Other jobs were banning and kicking the players which were causing trouble for everyone else. Eventually I got promoted to Super Admin, and then Elite Admin when one of the root admins went on a month's leave. (The ranks were Admin, Super Admin, Elite Admin, Root Admin). Finally I got promoted to being a root admin, and my position stuck like that for a number of months.
There I began going between different games when I started playing classic. I eventually got into SMP and found Opticraft. When I became trusted, some people told me I could apply for moderator. Honestly, I had been fed up with little kids constantly being an annoyance because on Half Life 2 Deathmatch roleplay servers, just about everyone will try their best to give the admins a hard time. I have some stories of a couple specific individuals who were especially bad, but I'll leave that out of this post. Now though, I don't know why, but I really would like to be a moderator. I've skipped out on apps five times most likely, but now I have the urge to want to help out. It's probably because I feel bad for receiving all sorts of help over time from the moderators, op's, and admins. I would like to give back if given the chance. I think it's just how I am wired. My mind is just wired to want to help run or maintain large setups like Opticraft.

Best griefer name ^

Nikoljan

• Opti-Crafter =)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 11:23:30 am »
Chief I wish you good luck on your application.  It's apparent you are adamant about being a part of the server. 

,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,
There is not enough wind to twirl
            that one leaf nearest of its clan
                     which dances as often as dance it can
,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.