May 18, 2024, 03:18:38 am

Author Topic: What plugins are there that affect water?  (Read 6485 times)

Nhataley

• ^ First Profile Pic in a long time. Thanks Zera!
    • View Profile
Re: What plugins are there that affect water?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2013, 03:52:05 am »
Edit:

If anyone wants to join my server to check this out for themselves, let me know and I'll post up the IP address. Hopefully you'll be available to check it out when I've got the server running - Obviously I won't be running it 24/7 as it is a local machine and can't be used for anything apart from looking at what I've created.

Yeeaa, I would not post the IP On opti (Advertising)

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2013, 04:02:15 am »
I've only had it happen to me once, in the last year and a half. Anyhoo our plugins are mainly written by Opti adn Dejected. They aren't public.

frobalt

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2013, 01:55:25 pm »
I've only had it happen to me once, in the last year and a half. Anyhoo our plugins are mainly written by Opti adn Dejected. They aren't public.

That would explain why I can't seem to find it then. Could someone raise this as a bug to them then so they might fix it?

I believe I've given enough information here for them to recreate it therefore be able to hunt down the bug. It's certainly a lot more than most customers gave when I worked in Dev Support anyway.

butterflywolves

• xx Builder xx Trusted xx
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2013, 07:25:51 pm »

If anyone wants to join my server to check this out for themselves, let me know and I'll post up the IP address. Hopefully you'll be available to check it out when I've got the server running - Obviously I won't be running it 24/7 as it is a local machine and can't be used for anything apart from looking at what I've created.

I hope you know advertising is a bannable offence.
Im back.... I think

frobalt

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2013, 08:27:05 pm »

I hope you know advertising is a bannable offence.

Someone else already pointed this out. It hadn't occurred to me that it might count as advertising since it is just a temporary server to prove that it isn't bukkit or even the minecraft client that isn't the cause of my issue.

Also, as you have seen, I haven't posted an IP address nor am I telling people they should jump ship to it, so hopefully the moderators/admin won't see it as advertising a different server.

unkmar2

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2013, 11:04:00 pm »
TLDR

I sometimes run a local vanilla minecraft server.  I have experienced the problem there as well.

For me, I had tier's of water flowing from a single source in an gently slopped pyramid fashion. I was not using a dispenser, I was allowing/restricting flow with a piston.  At random times a source block will be created down stream in some random water flow location.

So, the question is when and if Notch and/or his team will find and fix the problem.

I don't recall if I experience the problem in Single Player.  I've pretty much abandoned that mode.  ;D