May 17, 2024, 12:29:01 pm

Author Topic: Opticraft HorseRacing Organization(Apps Open)  (Read 15723 times)

Supah_

• View Profile
Re: Opticraft HorseRacing Organization
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2013, 02:31:11 pm »
Most horse racing tracks are circular/ elliptical.

Very much so. As much as I know horse racing in real life, I am fairly confused as of the minecraft version of horseracing. Opening up a Horse Origanzation Council.

App(I feel so pro :3)
IGN:
What can you bring to this board:

In dedication of 1.6, I will be starting(behind everyone else) to build a racetrack.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 12:15:15 pm by Supah_ »
The self proclaimed OptiCraft Legend

erection

Wone

• Self-proclaimed Grammar Nazi Colonel
  • Be courteous or GTFO
    • View Profile
Re: Opticraft HorseRacing Organization(Apps Open)
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013, 03:46:28 pm »
I thought of making an 8 shaped track, with overlapping tracks in the middle.
I'll give it a go first then maybe post a screenshot of it for feedback from you guys.

daniblue182

• Mayor of Xanadu
  • 'All this time?' 'Always'
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2013, 05:04:09 pm »
I'm starting to build my race track ^_^ its not going to be huge but it will be big enough

The selfie that made nick change spawn.

Supah_

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2013, 08:50:27 pm »
I thought of making an 8 shaped track, with overlapping tracks in the middle.
I'll give it a go first then maybe post a screenshot of it for feedback from you guys.

Would love to see it. :D

I'm starting to build my race track ^_^ its not going to be huge but it will be big enough

Yeh, I got some problems with the block radius for the track. :P

erection

Wone

• Be courteous or GTFO
    • View Profile
Re: Opticraft HorseRacing Organization(Apps Closed Temp.)
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2013, 04:44:59 pm »
so i've spent my time not being able to log onto opticraft to make an 8-shaped track
take a look and leave me comments on how to improve it, perhaps
or maybe if you're interested in the details

Wone

• Be courteous or GTFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2013, 04:57:16 pm »
btw the area is 37x112 blocks

daniblue182

• Mayor of Xanadu
  • 'All this time?' 'Always'
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2013, 05:36:30 pm »
You could add a few jumps (hedges) which could be made out of leaves

The selfie that made nick change spawn.

Wone

• Be courteous or GTFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2013, 10:47:54 pm »
that is to be added soon.
the track is still in alpha stage  :P

Wone

• Be courteous or GTFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2013, 03:24:58 am »
ao I've added hedges and jumps, a little redstone work a noob like me can do for the starting line, and also since I plan the track to go for a few laps, I put pressure plates so that the first horse to reach the finish line will set off fireworks.

any other suggestions on what I can add?

I'll put some more pics afterwards, I'm on my phone now

JLSLover123

• Hi there :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2013, 10:57:10 am »
Since Shortgeorge has taken Goodwood off of her homes I have taken over as she has a project she needs to do I have taken over Goodwood tempararly until she has a free home,also we would like the shops to be finished.

Regards,

JLSLover123

Wone

• Be courteous or GTFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2013, 03:43:13 pm »
so you're the temporary manager of Goodwood huh JLSLover123?
good for you :D

what if, and I say IF, I build a track ditto to the one I posted above somewhere near Goodwood's stables.
of course it would need the approval of both the honorary Larkosaurus and shortgeorge. I am just wondering whether you could relay my idea to them if they don't read about it off this forum topic themselves.
I can't and won't run a racetrack all by myself, that is why I'm proposing a collaboration.

CrazyGamer2000

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2013, 05:36:23 pm »
How will horse betting be set up? Will there be some automatic betting machine like when you put a sign on a dispenser, or will it be manual and you would have to pay a person that will give the money to the winner. The first idea will of course need to be implemented into the server and may take a little longer since you need to put in the racers name and connect the finish line somehow to the automatic betting machine so the machine can give it to the people that betted for the winner and it will have to split it evenly. The second idea will be easier but it will be easy for the person that receives the money to steal some of the money, then again it's a a way of getting "paid" but still dishonest. Also will there need to be tickets added or will it be free to the public and will the horse stadium owners make there money off a percentage of the bets?

mcoon1

• Winter is Coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2013, 06:31:38 pm »
I know you said closed... so just let this sit here until you open them. I'll forget to post later.

Winterfell Racecourse
RaceTrack Owner(s): mcoon1
Allow shops and bookies at racetrack: An area for stalls will be made soon for this
RaceTrack Length(must be over 300 blocks): Exactly 500 blocks per lap, regardless of lane.
Racetrack Location: The City of Winterfell /home mcoon1 rc (short for Winterfell Racecourse)
Racetrack Ammenities:
- Redstone-operated starting gates [Done]
- Redstone-operated photo finish (with sustain and timed shut off functions) [Done]
- Redstone-operated penalty hurdles (If you don't make it over, the hurdle moves itself after 4 seconds) [Prototyped - under construction]
- Hazards (long Falls into water, short falls, hills, quick turns, hurdles, and underground running) [Done]
- Scenic view of the City of Winterfell
- Vendor/Bookie Stalls [Prototyped - under construction]

IGN: mcoon1
What can you bring to this board: I can bring quality control, leadership, and expertise. I plan well (As is evident by my luxurious, nearly completed .5k track), and would hope to help bring this quality control to the OHO.

Supah_

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2013, 01:11:01 pm »
I know you said closed... so just let this sit here until you open them. I'll forget to post later.

Winterfell Racecourse
RaceTrack Owner(s): mcoon1
Allow shops and bookies at racetrack: An area for stalls will be made soon for this
RaceTrack Length(must be over 300 blocks): Exactly 500 blocks per lap, regardless of lane.
Racetrack Location: The City of Winterfell /home mcoon1 rc (short for Winterfell Racecourse)
Racetrack Ammenities:
- Redstone-operated starting gates [Done]
- Redstone-operated photo finish (with sustain and timed shut off functions) [Done]
- Redstone-operated penalty hurdles (If you don't make it over, the hurdle moves itself after 4 seconds) [Prototyped - under construction]
- Hazards (long Falls into water, short falls, hills, quick turns, hurdles, and underground running) [Done]
- Scenic view of the City of Winterfell
- Vendor/Bookie Stalls [Prototyped - under construction]

IGN: mcoon1
What can you bring to this board: I can bring quality control, leadership, and expertise. I plan well (As is evident by my luxurious, nearly completed .5k track), and would hope to help bring this quality control to the OHO.

Accepted on both boards. Glad that you have been taking such an interest. Welcome to the board. You seem to have many places of expertise so I will personally deem your position with you.

How will horse betting be set up? Will there be some automatic betting machine like when you put a sign on a dispenser, or will it be manual and you would have to pay a person that will give the money to the winner. The first idea will of course need to be implemented into the server and may take a little longer since you need to put in the racers name and connect the finish line somehow to the automatic betting machine so the machine can give it to the people that betted for the winner and it will have to split it evenly. The second idea will be easier but it will be easy for the person that receives the money to steal some of the money, then again it's a a way of getting "paid" but still dishonest. Also will there need to be tickets added or will it be free to the public and will the horse stadium owners make there money off a percentage of the bets?

It's not impossible to make a redstone machine as I have a friend that will most certainly love to help me with it. Your second idea was my general idea, except I would do it honestly, and fairly. I would plop up a sign, with the jockey's name, horses name, and the odds! I would account for all money I receive during the betting, and find out a fair, honest percentage that a profit for me will come in without putting myself in a awkward situation where I can't pay the punters. I will see what the finalized betting position is.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 01:17:49 pm by Supah_ »

erection

ModernCreator.

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2013, 09:22:46 am »
Love the idea :) If u need some help someone tto start races and all that just contact me on fourms or when i am ever on opticraft :)