May 25, 2024, 01:25:19 pm

Author Topic: A Solution To All These Chest Shop Suggestions  (Read 8278 times)

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: A Solution To All These Chest Shop Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2013, 08:07:48 pm »
Considering you could avoid it by making it not clog, I don't think we would ban them.

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2013, 11:53:29 pm »
Wouldn't it be possible to attach another hopper to the filter to reduce clogs? Then attach that hopper to a chest?
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2013, 09:14:47 am »
Just make the sorter the first hopper, anyway this is offtopic. I honestly don't expect us to ever get a chest shop plugin.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2013, 01:37:34 pm »
I don't really think this is off-topic, since we are talking about solutions to the chest shop...

I tried making the first hopper be the sorter, but when you load in the "filter" items it just tosses all of them into the second hopper.  Maybe if there was a chest between the first and second hoppers you could use the first hopper as the filter and the second hopper as the "trigger" for the circuit to release the purchased item.  It wouldn't really make a big change to the circuit at all, but might stop the clogging issue.  Sorta like this;

BOX (payment)
HOPPER (filter)
BOX (buffer)
HOPPER (trigger)  --------> Circuit to release product to customer.
BOX ("cash" storage)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 01:41:39 pm by ViperZeroOne »
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2013, 05:52:24 pm »
Far too complicated, I can show you in game, they are quite simple and compact.
The lineup is

Payment
Filter
Trigger
Cash storage

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2013, 06:53:22 pm »
Far too complicated, I can show you in game, they are quite simple and compact.
The lineup is

Payment
Filter
Trigger
Cash storage

That's exactly my setup, except when I load items into the filter they fall into the trigger and then into the cash storage.  The only way around that (I found) was to put the filter items in the trigger, which allows the "filter" to get clogged by junk.

Then again, there could be something I'm missing...

Filter items should be 18_1_1_1_etc, and Trigger should be empty, right?
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

andersad

• Get out there and live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2013, 07:00:01 pm »
       I as never good at this stuff. I gave up trying to work it out about my third day.  :P
Opticraft- Best SMP server EVER
Go get em' :)

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2013, 07:50:15 pm »
your timing is off, the trigger takes keeps 1 item at all times, if the filter is being emptied, you have a timing issue with the trigger.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2013, 08:12:23 pm »
your timing is off, the trigger takes keeps 1 item at all times, if the filter is being emptied, you have a timing issue with the trigger.

So the problem with my setup is, I don't have an item in the trigger?... Makes sense
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2013, 10:33:50 pm »
I should mention that this suggestion was not for there to be a chest shop plugin.

The alternative to a chest shop that I wanted to emphasize would be making an item in the server market, such as iron ingots, have the same buy and sell price. This would fix the problem that vanilla shops pose which is that players cannot use credits to purchase items from a vanilla shop. With a chest shop plugin-based shop you can, but if an item in the market is given the same buy and sell price, then players could buy said item from the market, use it to pay for goods from a vanilla shop, and then the shop owner can sell the item back to the market for credits. This requires no new plugins, and keeps shops relatively limited. Plus there currently is no issue with shop advertisements being spammed everywhere, therefore I wouldn't expect it to start being as the chest shop plugin itself wouldn't be introduced in the first place.

All this suggestion needs to be implemented is for a single item to be given the same buy and sell price in the market.

Also, those of you making redstone shops, it's quite simple to make a shop. Mine being a little complex use a total footprint of 6 blocks wide by 8 blocks deep (the 8 blocks deep includes the wall which has the redstone lamp built into it). The shop is wider and lengthier because I designed it to only be 3 blocks high (technically 1 piece of redstone extends up to the 4th block high, but I don't count that).
Of course if you want the system to dispense more than 1 item for the cost of a single item (ex: 1 gold ingot for 32 wool), then you do need to increase the length of the shop with a timer. I was able to add a 32 item timer (makes the shop give 32 of an item for the payment) that only extended the length of the shop by 5 blocks. It didn't make the shop footprint any higher or wider.

Best griefer name ^

frobalt

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2013, 01:06:40 pm »
I like your suggestion, but one thing that bothers me is: How easy it is for most people to get access to the quartz needed to make the comparators? As far as I'm aware, all vanilla shop designs rely on nether quartz.

I've got more than enough quartz myself, but it took me about an hour and a half to travel far enough in the nether to find any in the first place, and it has been well earnt.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2013, 06:41:39 pm »
I like your suggestion, but one thing that bothers me is: How easy it is for most people to get access to the quartz needed to make the comparators? As far as I'm aware, all vanilla shop designs rely on nether quartz.

I've got more than enough quartz myself, but it took me about an hour and a half to travel far enough in the nether to find any in the first place, and it has been well earnt.

You can buy nether quartz in the market...

Sure it's expensive to buy in the market, but it's easily obtainable if you just sell a bunch of dirt and cobble and iron until you can buy the quartz.

Best griefer name ^

frobalt

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2013, 07:17:06 pm »

Sure it's expensive to buy in the market, but it's easily obtainable if you just sell a bunch of dirt and cobble and iron until you can buy the quartz.

I must be blind then, 'cause I can't find it. Or are there 2 markets?

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2013, 09:41:11 pm »

there are 3.

frobalt

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2013, 10:11:22 pm »

there are 3.

How do you get to the other 2?