May 19, 2024, 06:11:37 pm

Author Topic: Minecart Death  (Read 4863 times)

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
Minecart Death
« on: May 23, 2013, 06:12:36 pm »
Ok, so I am building on to my iron farm. I have now built it to be accessible by anyone who pays in gold ingots. Each gold ingot gives you just over 5 minutes. If you put stacked gold ingots in then you will ride around for about (5 * GoldIngots) minutes. So if you place a stack of 5 gold ingots into the machine, it will let you ride the track for 25 minutes.

Basically, it works fine, but here is why I am posting this:

When I ride the minecart around, and the timer ends, the minecart I am in is redirected to the iron collection room. The issue is, when I break the minecart, or simply right click to get out of it, I just die. The death message is "Chief149 died."

The minecart was on the ground, I have no sort of death trap set up (trust me, that is the last thing I would ever be doing on here), and there are no obstacles that could be causing harm to the player. I just end up dieing.

Now it appears there is a plugin which teleports you when you get out of a minecart. If I am up on the main tracks, and I get out of the minecart, I get teleported to the location where I originally get into the minecart. I think the problem lies with whatever plugin is doing that (it's a terrible idea for a plugin feature I must say).

I have said nothing about the problem with the teleporting after getting out of the minecart before, but now it has started to become a problem. Also, others have said they had similar issues of death just by getting out of the minecart.

Best griefer name ^

Sugna

• -woodenslime-
    • View Profile
Re: Minecart Death
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 06:38:11 pm »
Ive had similar issues.  Its really anoying.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 07:19:03 pm »
It's caused by the anti cheat plugin. It senses you going down on the y axis and gives you damage. It is very annoying and should be a priority in my opinion to be fixed, it essentially renders mine carts unusable deathtraps. Reloging before exiting the cart will save you from death. Relogging also stops the teleportation upon  exiting the cart

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 07:21:56 pm »
I didn't realize the relog, but I had to move npcs in a minecart and luckily it was a small y distance. So yah, random story.
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 07:32:02 pm »
So obviously the anti-cheat needs to be setup to ignore going down on the Y-Axis.

But is anti-cheat also causing the teleportation annoyance?

Best griefer name ^

Sugna

• -woodenslime-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 07:35:53 pm »
Yep the "diving board killer"
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 07:44:05 pm »
So obviously the anti-cheat needs to be setup to ignore going down on the Y-Axis.

But is anti-cheat also causing the teleportation annoyance?
It is not that simple, you can't ignore going down on the y axis because then people could still fly as long as they never go up. Mind you, I say this having no idea how no cheat is coded, that is just a potential problem I see.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 08:41:09 pm »
I have the same problem being warped back to where the minecart was originally placed :(

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 11:40:20 pm »
I've spent hours working on elaborate elevators that work for staff but kill anyone else, such a pain. No Cheat is open source, just sayin.

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 01:13:10 am »
so just for the record the teleportation thing only happens when you ride a minecart uphill.... you can go straight or downhill as much as you like and nothing will happen, but the second you go uphil you'll get ported. tested it a while back when i was having the same issue.

still have a little setup at my castle that i test when im on to see if it's fixed yet...
really annoying regardless.
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 03:32:00 am »
Tiggy, no. It also happens if you are riding a mine cart on a flat surface. I know because every. time. I am using my farm that you built, when I destroy the mine cart I get warped.

Honestly I just need to not die when I get out of a mine cart, and I need to not be teleported back to where the mine cart was originally placed.

If you want a successful anti-flying plugin, just add an IF conditional. If the player is in a mine cart then ignore their velocity which doesn't match up with a player who is walking because they are in a mine cart. Idk if the fly cheat is possible while in a mine cart, but if you can't fly while in a mine cart (using a modded client) then adding that conditional would work fine.

This is an issue of which, I think, a fix is necessary for normal game play.

Best griefer name ^

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2013, 04:21:18 am »
Nothing needs to be re-coded. NoCheat+ isn't a plug and play plugin, which means it had tons of options to tweak with. One of those options being vehicle control.

It's up to Optical to mess with those settings.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2013, 04:25:50 am »
And no, I had a minecart going straight down, cuz I gae up on elevators, kills the the second they step out

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2013, 10:15:18 pm »
And no, I had a minecart going straight down, cuz I gae up on elevators, kills the the second they step out

Tiggy, no. It also happens if you are riding a mine cart on a flat surface. I know because every. time. I am using my farm that you built, when I destroy the mine cart I get warped.

Honestly I just need to not die when I get out of a mine cart, and I need to not be teleported back to where the mine cart was originally placed.

If you want a successful anti-flying plugin, just add an IF conditional. If the player is in a mine cart then ignore their velocity which doesn't match up with a player who is walking because they are in a mine cart. Idk if the fly cheat is possible while in a mine cart, but if you can't fly while in a mine cart (using a modded client) then adding that conditional would work fine.

This is an issue of which, I think, a fix is necessary for normal game play.

did you ever go uphill while ridding the minecart previous to going downhill or on the straight path? cause from my testing all it takes is going up 1 block and after that point regardless of the track orientation you get ported... but if u never travel up you're good

chief if you're still using the ramp that goes up to the circle tracks at that iron farm, then that ramp up would b the cause

can't really say anything for u crzy since i dunno ur situation.... but if there's even a 1 block up before that downhill then that'd cause it....

or maybe it's gotten broken more since i last tested the causes.....
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2013, 02:07:33 am »
Just to clear some things up:
Quote from: asofold - NoCheat+ Author
Looks like we could reproduce it.

It seems that with BKCommonLib the NoFall check would not reset the highest y-coordinate reached (or check before resetting), thus will deal damage according to the covered distance.

Could be changed event sending order - might fix on NCP side.

In response to: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/nocheatplus/tickets/535-player-takes-damage-after-exiting-a-minecart-that-went/