June 16, 2024, 09:39:42 am

Author Topic: Enchanting  (Read 2205 times)

Beefdog

• View Profile
Enchanting
« on: March 31, 2013, 01:55:09 pm »
Well, today i wake up to grind at my XP farm for awhile until i got to 30. I go back to my house to find out that one of my tools was changed. I noticed the name on my tool was reconverted to the default name. So i tried moving to see if it was just a glitch, it was not. Soon enough i contact the moderator 2crazy, he says there is nothing he can do. I figure ok i'll ask an admin so i ask exedin, "sorry if i miss spelled your name" and he also says he can't do anything. So i figured i just wasted 33 lvs of enchantment. If this happens to others you should notify players. It's a waste of time and effort. Plus the advertisement you guys put in chat selling 50 lvs of enchantment, if someone does buy that and wastes it, there not gonna blam bukkit, It should of been your guys resposiblitity to give them a heads up. So basically I'm just informing anyone who likes altering the names of there equipment or tools a heads up cause it may disappear.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Enchanting
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 03:02:53 pm »
Well known Bukkit bug, nearly everyone here knows about it. Also just wanted to point out, I'm an Operator, and so is Xeadin. Also I can replace the name on your item but it would just disappear again.

Beefdog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 07:00:25 pm »
Even if it's well know, there is still people that don't know about it like me, especially if your new.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 07:28:15 pm »
I was not on today.

It is not our responsibility to notify everyone of every single little bug that a plugin/ program has. That is your liability to find out what specs are needed. We do not force-feed hundreds of players a day on information they can easily find on their own. All it takes is a little research.

Beefdog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 09:23:25 pm »
But if your going to advertise selling enchantment Lvs you should state a notification at least about any player who does not know. You don't have to notify everyone about each bug, I'm just stating the one that affected me.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 09:32:04 pm »
If you had donated for it I would have given you your levels back, you didn't. It takes about 5 mins in an xp farm to get that back :P But thank you for making this topic pointing out the bug

Caanite.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 11:20:36 pm »
I lost an sharpness IV enchanted book because of that glitch
[22:52]   OptiBot-Creative   PIXELDUDE2001: Caanite is the almighty ceo and god of the server