May 20, 2024, 06:30:00 am

Author Topic: Forum chat  (Read 6954 times)

Pugabyte

• Haider
    • View Profile
Re: Forum chat
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2013, 12:59:52 am »
IRC can accomplish that as well. People tend to use it for in-game chat, but it's not exclusively in-game chat only.

The question remains: does having another IRC inlet make sense?

This would be much better than IRC. IRC requires you to download a software, connect to the server and THEN you can actually communicate with other players. Having an actual forum chat box would save you all the pain of getting an IRC client or even Mumble.

We would still have to log in to our accounts. But still, much easier.

davioo

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2013, 01:16:21 am »
IRC can accomplish that as well. People tend to use it for in-game chat, but it's not exclusively in-game chat only.

The question remains: does having another IRC inlet make sense?

This would be much better than IRC. IRC requires you to download a software, connect to the server and THEN you can actually communicate with other players. Having an actual forum chat box would save you all the pain of getting an IRC client or even Mumble.

We would still have to log in to our accounts. But still, much easier.

We have a tool here that lets you stay logged in your account on the forums forever ;)

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2013, 01:52:31 am »
You actually don't need to download any software.

I don't think 'easier' is the answer to everything. If that were the case, we'd have a whole lot more suggestions being implemented. And there's really no pain in downloading the software, it only takes a few minutes of your time, and probably less for IRC.

Pugabyte

• Haider
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2013, 07:39:12 am »
You actually don't need to download any software.

I don't think 'easier' is the answer to everything. If that were the case, we'd have a whole lot more suggestions being implemented. And there's really no pain in downloading the software, it only takes a few minutes of your time, and probably less for IRC.

I'm not totally sure if this is what your saying, but by easier, I meant easier to log in to our forum account than going on mumble, going to irc, or even getting in game. For all those people with their own computer, or at least comp account, I'm going to guess about 1/2 have their homepage set to opticraft.net. so I'm basicly a couple clicks and a few letters away from complete forum access. Irc takes much longer, and mumble is just a freaking pain.

square_skull

• Heeeeere's Skully!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2013, 12:44:03 am »
My thoughts exactly friends (don't know why it took so long for
people to answer after I replied, oh well, at last they did)