May 18, 2024, 10:09:03 pm

Author Topic: Anti modding/x-ray server plugin  (Read 4549 times)

beta centari

• View Profile
Anti modding/x-ray server plugin
« on: February 26, 2013, 12:32:14 am »
I have seen a lot of guests xray/mod in the past and I thought that opticraft should have a plugin that detects if a user is modding automatically. This will make it much easier to see who is using hacks and it will allow a constantlty regenerated resource world to be installed without fear of x-rayers getting resources quick.

Heres the problem I have no idea where to find such plugin

PS my ingame name is SirNicholas14

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Anti modding/x-ray server plugin
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 12:53:11 am »
I thought that opticraft should have a plugin that detects if a user is modding automatically.
Here's the problem. You can't simply detect something client side.
Besides close to all client mods won't work here anyway, x-ray is just something we have to deal with manually.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 01:42:26 am »
Just make a plugin that looks at the number of ores compared to other blocks destroyed by a user. The ratios of the number of each ore compared to the total number of mined blocks can be set to be slightly higher than what a user could possibly mine legitimately (such as with strip mining).

Only users who use xray could possibly get a high enough ratio of ores to number of mined blocks. This trips the plugin sending a helpop request for a mod+ to monitor the player who is mining.

Possible idea???

Best griefer name ^

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 01:47:40 am »
Just make a plugin that looks at the number of ores compared to other blocks destroyed by a user. The ratios of the number of each ore compared to the total number of mined blocks can be set to be slightly higher than what a user could possibly mine legitimately (such as with strip mining).

Only users who use xray could possibly get a high enough ratio of ores to number of mined blocks. This trips the plugin sending a helpop request for a mod+ to monitor the player who is mining.

Possible idea???

Make a new suggestion, this is quite interesting.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account

Morrison1996

• I am the spawn of 2 worlds. I AM SlenderBrine.
  • Former moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 02:05:16 am »
We do having a command that lets us check people's ore and stone ratio's. You would be surprised though Since I'm lazy and just go through mineshafts I've set my iron high enough to go into warning level before.

bubblekiller

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 02:07:36 am »
This wouldn't work because like me, im lazy so i fin a big cave, and just mine the ores that are shown, an iv come out with stacks of ores sometimes after hours of caving
[/img]http://signaturecraft.us/signatures/eJw9yjsKgDAMANA9p8gFBOvvAIoOrgrOKQYJ1ghJe3833_zGN0aymxkWMc84JXLHhzMlXIrLqzjrJcpsEP-7ZTJc-RQ4RDMbbkVNnL/

beta centari

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 02:09:05 am »

Possible idea???

Chief please that ice cream man photo is downright creepy please switch to some other pic

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 02:47:58 am »
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/founddiamonds/

I have seen a server with that. You don't want it on our server, extremely annoying and creates spam
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

kagarium

• I'm alive, but inactive.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 03:21:32 am »
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/founddiamonds/

I have seen a server with that. You don't want it on our server, extremely annoying and creates spam

we dont need chat filled with "player found 6 iron ore! Everyone else got stone."

it would get really annoying, and chat would be filled with the shit .-.
IGN: kag1999_ (now kagarium, thanks butter)

Quote from: Nick3306
I saved 100% on car insurance by switching to no car insurance

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 03:52:04 am »
We don't need the chat filled with that. All we need is for the plugin to send a helpop notice to the mods+ when a player mines up 75+ diamonds in one hour (of course set the threshold to be higher than that if it's possible and common for a player to legitimately mine that many diamonds in an hour).

Best griefer name ^

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 12:20:58 pm »
Theres one that changes all stone to diamonds, tnt, chests, emeralds and other shit but then when one mines within 3 blocks of it, it changes back to its normal staate.

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 03:34:20 pm »
with founddiamonds you can set it to where only certain groups/ranks can see the announcements.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 03:48:06 pm »
Theres one that changes all stone to diamonds, tnt, chests, emeralds and other shit but then when one mines within 3 blocks of it, it changes back to its normal staate.

That ones incredibly laggy, I really don't see a need for any new xray detection. What we have now works fine, we constantly catch people for xray. Just look at the ban appeals.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 03:50:36 pm by ☣2crzy4uall☣ »

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 10:16:48 pm »

That ones incredibly laggy, I really don't see a need for any new xray detection. What we have now works fine, we constantly catch people for xray. Just look at the ban appeals.
the only people it lags for is the xrayer, and you only notice the plugin when the SERVER lags.