May 23, 2024, 10:46:31 pm

Author Topic: Anti modding/x-ray server plugin  (Read 4553 times)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Anti modding/x-ray server plugin
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 10:44:45 pm »
Theres one that changes all stone to diamonds, tnt, chests, emeralds and other shit but then when one mines within 3 blocks of it, it changes back to its normal staate.

That ones incredibly laggy, I really don't see a need for any new xray detection. What we have now works fine, we constantly catch people for xray. Just look at the ban appeals.
the only people it lags for is the xrayer, and you only notice the plugin when the SERVER lags.
This is false, it effects every player the same. We used to have this plugin in but we got rid of it because of the ridiculous amount of resources it takes up. It would be fine on a smaller server but one of this size it is not possible.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Booorad

• Nuke em'
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2013, 12:47:02 am »
i have mined up to 12 stacks of ores in a single sitting, it is not a good idea. many mistakes would be made. and i can honestly say i have never downloaded a mod in my life.

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2013, 12:50:38 am »
Orefubscator or whatever it is, that changes the ores to random blocks, literally corrupted my main server world in the first two hours of using it. When I tested it out with my friend using x-ray on my server, the desert sunk about 10 blocks, eventually crashing my server. Bad idea.

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 01:09:14 am »
Theres one that changes all stone to diamonds, tnt, chests, emeralds and other shit but then when one mines within 3 blocks of it, it changes back to its normal staate.

That ones incredibly laggy, I really don't see a need for any new xray detection. What we have now works fine, we constantly catch people for xray. Just look at the ban appeals.
the only people it lags for is the xrayer, and you only notice the plugin when the SERVER lags.
This is false, it effects every player the same. We used to have this plugin in but we got rid of it because of the ridiculous amount of resources it takes up. It would be fine on a smaller server but one of this size it is not possible.
sorry. I guess i havent seen it on any huge servers, just 1 with like 10 ppl.