Discussion forum > Discussion forum

A new Singleplayer Project

(1/11) > >>

Xeadin:
On the discussion of adventure maps, I am making one of my own as well. It is going to be a bit of a chore to accomplish, but, hopefully, when the new update occurs, I will have done a lot of progress.

This new project is called Dreamscape: Mists of Darkness-- I'm planning on it being an adventure-based map. Progress can be found on my Twitter page.

I am in the very early stages for this-- I just got done worldpainting the world a few days ago, so construction on it has begun.

▲▼Dunderheid▼▲:
I'll rent out a small 24 person server for a couple of months for ya.

clawstrider:
I'd help, if you do get a server up and running.
Throw me a message if you ever do.

Wyboth:
If you need help with redstone, I'm your man.

Xeadin:
Commands blocks rely heavily on redstone (they won't function otherwise). It'd be beneficial to have a few people who knew Redstone fairly well.

And thanks for the offer, Dunderheid. I might try to get some sort of forum up so that we have a place collaborate different ideas and to show the different areas of the maps. I currently have two maps-- one is a small 'tutorial' world, and the other is the large 'main' world.

I have a tutorial world because new players might not fully understand how the adventure will work unless they get some basic ideas. I'm currently using MCEdit for custom mobs and potions (not sure how that would work out in a multiplayer world).

Nevertheless, utilizing command blocks will ensure that the adventure stays alive and also erases the need for client-side mods. That's how map makers were able to make the 'no mods required' maps.

One more thing to point out is that since 1.5 is close to being released, it might be easier to create a server after it comes out. We'd be able to start out fresh with new items and blocks-- that way, we can utilize the new features that come out in the update (such as score-boarding).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version