June 17, 2024, 01:03:45 am

Author Topic: New Player, couple questions  (Read 3470 times)

MinerrBert

• View Profile
New Player, couple questions
« on: February 03, 2013, 12:46:46 pm »
Hi guys, I'm new to the server and have a couple questions after reading the rules and guidelines.

1. I haven't found info on fees; are there any fees to use the opticraft server? 

2. It looks like there is a guest server and a member server, is the member server what you can use after you pay a fee?

3. Are there any special items or unlocked mods/commands you can get by donating?

I've been playing offline for a while and decided to buy a copy of the game so I can play online with other people for the first time so I would appreciate any tips or advice.  I don't want to do anything that would cause lag but being so new I could make a mistake without realizing it. 

4. For example I've heard if you head in one direction too long on the overworld it pushes the world size bigger and can lag, is that an issue here?

If this is an issue can it happen when under ground mining a huge chasm or cave that goes on for ever and you just keep going and going to explore it?  (I love exploring the giant never ending caverns so I hope this isn't a problem)

That should tell me what I need to get started, thank you for any help guys and I hope to see you online!

MB

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
Re: New Player, couple questions
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 01:29:50 pm »
Hi guys, I'm new to the server and have a couple questions after reading the rules and guidelines.

1. I haven't found info on fees; are there any fees to use the opticraft server?  

2. It looks like there is a guest server and a member server, is the member server what you can use after you pay a fee?

3. Are there any special items or unlocked mods/commands you can get by donating?

I've been playing offline for a while and decided to buy a copy of the game so I can play online with other people for the first time so I would appreciate any tips or advice.  I don't want to do anything that would cause lag but being so new I could make a mistake without realizing it.  

4. For example I've heard if you head in one direction too long on the overworld it pushes the world size bigger and can lag, is that an issue here?

If this is an issue can it happen when under ground mining a huge chasm or cave that goes on for ever and you just keep going and going to explore it?  (I love exploring the giant never ending caverns so I hope this isn't a problem)

That should tell me what I need to get started, thank you for any help guys and I hope to see you online!

MB

FAQ

Hello MinerrBert and welcome !

1 - There are no fees to using both the Opticraft SMP & Classic server.

2 - Again, there are no fees. You can access the MemberWorld via: /warp MemberWorld once you've signed on our forums in which case you did.

3 - Unfortunately no, our current donation rewards are just small fun perks, you can take a look at them here: www.opticraft.net/donate - those commands are available to Staff Members, in which is only used for moderating purposes.

4 - We have World Borders on our server, so that isn't an issue.

On a side note, we currently have 3 Worlds:
GuestWorld (Default World)
OldGuestWorld
MemberWorld

Each individual world has it's own Nether and End realms.

Anymore questions ? If not, enjoy your stay.

MinerrBert

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 01:49:21 pm »

2 - Again, there are no fees. You can access the MemberWorld via: /warp MemberWorld once you've signed on our forums in which case you did.

3 - Unfortunately no, our current donation rewards are just small fun perks, you can take a look at them here: www.opticraft.net/donate - those commands are available to Staff Members, in which is only used for moderating purposes.

OldGuestWorld
MemberWorld

Thank you for the info!

RE. #4: with world borders are there any issues with eventually running out of resources or finding somewhere to mine (or build) that hasn't already been mined by someone else?

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 01:51:18 pm »

OldGuestWorld
MemberWorld

Thank you for the info!

RE. #4: with world borders are there any issues with eventually running out of resources or finding somewhere to mine (or build) that hasn't already been mined by someone else?

The only world I'd worrying about regarding your question is the 'OldGuestWorld'. The rest of the two worlds are fairly fresh.

zwaan111

• SMP - trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 03:02:33 pm »
even in the old guest world are still untouched places, but ores and dungeons are running out in there yeh.

MinerrBert

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 03:38:10 pm »
Thanks again for the help guys.

I thought I would be online by now but I'm finding out Mojang's payment options are really buggy and it won't take my debit card.

Looks like it will be a few days while I work out their bugs, oops I mean find an alternative payment method, for them.

Heard of any way to get a debit card to go through mojang?!

MB

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 03:47:07 pm »
Thanks again for the help guys.

I thought I would be online by now but I'm finding out Mojang's payment options are really buggy and it won't take my debit card.

Looks like it will be a few days while I work out their bugs, oops I mean find an alternative payment method, for them.

Heard of any way to get a debit card to go through mojang?!

MB

The power of google: http://help.mojang.com/customer/portal/articles/417071-i-can’t-purchase-minecraft

MinerrBert

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 04:06:56 pm »
The power of google: http://help.mojang.com/customer/portal/articles/417071-i-can’t-purchase-minecraft

thanks for the link, read that already and it doesn't help.  My debit card isn't prepaid, it's a real one that I use as a credit card all the time, just doesn't work for mojang, oh joy.

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 04:44:30 pm »

thanks for the link, read that already and it doesn't help.  My debit card isn't prepaid, it's a real one that I use as a credit card all the time, just doesn't work for mojang, oh joy.

Then you're best off submitting a support ticket here: http://help.mojang.com/customer/widget/emails/new

MinerrBert

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 04:52:28 pm »

Then you're best off submitting a support ticket here: http://help.mojang.com/customer/widget/emails/new

Wow you're good, that's one thing I couldn't break through: Mojang's wall of silence.  I couldn't find an email, chat, phone or any other form of support contact.

TY

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 09:13:21 pm »
Also the warp for the old guest world is Guest2
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 10:05:46 pm »

i also had problems with this. All I could get to work was paypal

MinerrBert

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 05:04:02 am »
I also had problems with this. All I could get to work was paypal

That's what I'm waiting for now.  Bummed out that I have to wait a few days for things to go through.