May 22, 2024, 03:26:31 pm

Author Topic: A Fantastic Way of having PvP  (Read 1496 times)

crippnfoot

• View Profile
A Fantastic Way of having PvP
« on: January 31, 2013, 12:53:51 pm »

Now hear me out before you just say no PvP on Opticraft and close the page.  ;)

The way I think PvP should be on this server is only in protection stones or maybe even only diamond protection stones. Only on finished projects as well.

The PvP would be turned on only by a mod+, so that they can make sure it is safe and grief trap free, it would be for trusteds+ in their protection stones and citties. So That they can make arenas and other cool things to challenger friends and have even more fun on this already amazing server in a grief free way. And if you leave the ps or city you can't get hurt by PvP until you reenter. if you want you could even make a 5 or 10 second PvP free time when you enter the field
There would need to be a alert; like when you enter a city but, I recommend a different color, maybe red (it catches my eyes the best)
There shouldn't be PvP damage until you move in case you are lagging.
and best of all You wont need to make that new PvP world that I heard something about. in general babble lol.

I have given much thought into preventing grief in this project so please post a reply if you can think of some more ideas for this.

I have no way of knowing how to code this but I know optical has coded his server himself and I don't think it would be to hard since it would just be adding to some mods but I don't know to much about coding.

This is my dream I have for Opticraft. And I think it would be the most fantastic thing for this server, it would bring lots of players and more donations, to keep this server alive.

Thank you for taking the time to read my entry and I can only hope this will someday be possible.
~Jordan~

tiggy26668

• View Profile
Re: A Fantastic Way of having PvP
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 01:39:13 pm »
The pvp system they're working on isn't a world it's, from wat I heard, gonna be like mini arena worlds that load as they're needed....

While it'd be cool to be able to set up our own little arenas, there's far to many things to account for in order to make it safe for someone who stumbles into it unintentionally

As for recoding the ps plugin to do these things... Not gonna happen, you'd have to take it up with the plugins creator, its not ours so we can't change it... Unless its open source... But even then it'd b a pain in the ass to do.....

A simpler way to do it would be to set up a world guard region and flag pvp inside the region, however they're not gonna set up a pvp region for everyone, and it still doesn't solve the problem of people unintentionally ending up there

Now I personally would love an arena somewhere that I could just go to real quick and duel someone.....
I suppose if you could talk the admins into you could potentially get project protection on an arena and have them turn on pvp there but the first time someone sets a home there and uses it as a death trap everyone would be up in arms....

Unfortunately there's no way of adding a temporary peaceful time or something along those lines without coding an entire pvp system and seeing as they're already preoccupied doing just that with another vision in mind, I doubt they have time to code a second version of the same idea.....

I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 01:49:19 pm »
Unfortunately, the Admins/Devs have already figured out how the PvP system is going to work.
The brainstorming and basics of the system have already been made, and it'd be a waste if the devs were to start over.

Suggestions are always appreciated nonetheless.

Morrison1996

• I am the spawn of 2 worlds. I AM SlenderBrine.
  • Former moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 02:04:14 pm »
I'm only locking this because the official PvP discussion thread is here. http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/topic,11764.0.html
Please look at other topics before posting.