June 17, 2024, 12:34:27 am

Author Topic: New rank : Wizard  (Read 7659 times)

Morrison1996

• I am the spawn of 2 worlds. I AM SlenderBrine.
  • Former moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New rank : Wizard
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 03:14:14 am »
Ok seeing as there are just going to be argument over yes this is a good idea and no it is a bad one nick has said this is not going to happen as of now. Now he did say if they felt a new rank was needed they would make one. But as of now a new rank is not needed.

To prevent arguments I'm locking this unless another staff member thinks it should be left open.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 04:19:05 am »
It's not a matter of When-- it's a matter of If.

The rank suggestions thus far have been a matter of finding an excuse for Mini-modding and bragging rights. As I have said plenty of times before, we don't have a strict rule against mini-modding, but it is appreciated if people didn't go overboard with it. There comes a point where too much can be unhealthy, and the rank suggestions thus far have attempted to cross that line.

We have also said many times in the past that we do not encourage players rubbing their ranks in other people's faces-- that creates unnecessary drama for us to clean up after.

There's a fine line between picking the right perks for a rank and overpowering a rank, and, sadly, the perks that others have chosen, in previous suggestions, haven't been selected wisely.

We're okay with people helping out other players as is, but when you introduce a rank such as this, it can become unnecessarily messy, and that isn't particularly convenient for the staff members, themselves, to clean up after a messy outburst. This is why we ask all of you to think about what should go into a rank, because, as previously mentioned, there is a fine line between balancing all ranks across the board and overpowering a specific rank.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 01:54:09 pm »
As we have said in the past we are not going to add a new rank until we feel the need to add a new rank.

When could that be?
Davioo, i am going to be honest with you. We will most likely never feel the need to add a rank like this because it doesnt give us anything we need. You know that only you and maybe 1 other person would qualify for this rank and that is why you want it to be created.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

zwaan111

• SMP - trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 02:16:55 pm »
this rank clearly gives people powers of a mod, but no responsibilities of a mod

thats why it shouldnt be created.

benc117

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 02:49:44 pm »
better rank would be donater...
$10 donator
$20 donator +
$30 donator ++
$40 Super Donator :)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 02:52:27 pm by Benjaminc117 »
Instragram: @ben.callaghan
Email: ben.callaghan.2001@hotmail.com
IGN: Benc117

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 03:15:08 pm »
better rank would be donater...
$10 donator
$20 donator +
$30 donator ++
$40 Super Donator :)
we discussed this when we were building the 1.0 server but decided to not go with ranks and instead go with what we have now.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 03:35:19 pm »
The only thing I could ever see needing a new rank for would be if (n its a really big if) there was ever an intention of adding something like a creative rank and to get it you would have to either work ur ass off or make a considerable donation to the server....

Of course that would be after managing to state a good enough case for its existence on a survival server in the first place.... And good luck with that.....

I can haz unlimited bloks nao plz?
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

davioo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2013, 10:21:25 pm »
As we have said in the past we are not going to add a new rank until we feel the need to add a new rank.

When could that be?
Davioo, i am going to be honest with you. We will most likely never feel the need to add a rank like this because it doesnt give us anything we need. You know that only you and maybe 1 other person would qualify for this rank and that is why you want it to be created.

Honesty is the best policy Nick. I appreciate your feedback and I fully understand your answer.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2013, 10:43:43 pm »
this rank clearly gives people powers of a mod, but no responsibilities of a mod

thats why it shouldnt be created.
Not entirely, no ban, no /kits, no logblock, no access to the smp staff forums which is important, and no optihelp. This is more of a bragging/trolling rank in my eyes.

---><--- Click the monkey

Nhataley

• ^ First Profile Pic in a long time. Thanks Zera!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2013, 03:26:20 am »
I agree with Mr_Mr_Mr This rank If implemeted would just be for bragging.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2013, 03:43:10 am »
Honestly, this suggestion sounds like a joke to me.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2013, 03:43:55 am »
Alright the point was made. No need to rub it in more. Locked.