June 17, 2024, 03:05:34 am

Author Topic: Several suggestions  (Read 5752 times)

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Several suggestions
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 05:13:57 pm »
To be honest, paying to get unbanned is kinda stupid. The current system has people donating to optical for the server and they get rewards for doing so, basically what we would be saying is that if you donate $10 to us we will forget anything ever happend; kind of like blackmailing the player/s.

As DJ already said we already have a rule in place to prevent excessive swearing; swearing is currently okay. I don't see a problem of people abusing this and swearing too much, if people do this then we can just kick or ban them as always.

As for the final suggestion, I wouldn't think the Applications board would be the best place for it as it's informing players and possibly making them think twice before applying. The Applications board has everyones applications and information about how to apply and what will be expected. It looks fine in suggestions.

Sorry if I seem like I'm shooting down your ideas but realistically I don't see them being much or any use...

kagarium

• I'm alive, but inactive.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2013, 01:11:15 am »
To be honest, paying to get unbanned is kinda stupid. The current system has people donating to optical for the server and they get rewards for doing so, basically what we would be saying is that if you donate $10 to us we will forget anything ever happend; kind of like blackmailing the player/s.

As DJ already said we already have a rule in place to prevent excessive swearing; swearing is currently okay. I don't see a problem of people abusing this and swearing too much, if people do this then we can just kick or ban them as always.

As for the final suggestion, I wouldn't think the Applications board would be the best place for it as it's informing players and possibly making them think twice before applying. The Applications board has everyones applications and information about how to apply and what will be expected. It looks fine in suggestions.

Sorry if I seem like I'm shooting down your ideas but realistically I don't see them being much or any use...
I agree with Tobs completely.

Swear filter: the swearing on this server is not out of control, except the ocasional asshole

Paying to be unbanned: just no. there are probably people out there who have money to throw away, and even though, yes we could keep banning them, do we really want the staff to waste their time on these griefers who are literally invincible?

Moderator SUGGESTION: it truly is a suggestion, although there may be use to a similar one in the application forum
I also did notice that the descriptions for classic stuff is a lot more detailed then the ones for the SMP applications, so that's an idea there……

sorry salsa, but these ideas are really needed in my opinion
IGN: kag1999_ (now kagarium, thanks butter)

Quote from: Nick3306
I saved 100% on car insurance by switching to no car insurance

titans55

• LSU Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2013, 01:58:42 am »
I suggest adding on to the pay to be unbanned, add a rank that shows you paid to be unbanned

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2013, 02:29:32 am »
I suggest adding on to the pay to be unbanned, add a rank that shows you paid to be unbanned

This should be like a counter so that people know he's troublesome. We should add a limit to how many times you can bay to be unbanned. Probably 2
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

davioo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2013, 03:01:03 am »
As far as I know swearing isn't against the rules and hasn't been for the past 2 years so I see no reason to add a filter. If someone swears too much they'll get kicked and probably never come back or learn their lesson and don't do it again.

Paying for being unbanned seems pretty stupid, considering the fact that if you did something to get banned, you probably didn't like the server in the first place so you would have to be insanely retarded to pay to come back and grief some shit that can be rolled back in a couple seconds.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2013, 03:07:31 am »
The appeals are not getting replaced by the 10$, it just gives you a freebie which can't be denied, and if they pay us to be unbanned, they probably won't grief more. And if they do, well too bad. They clearly didn't care.
I still think this is a bad idea. Sorry.

I think it is a great idea!

All the grief can get rolled back, and it's not the biggest hassle in the world.

Think about it. If we had the most dedicated griefer come on here:

Griefer griefs. Ban.

Pays $10 to be unbanned.

Griefer griefs. Ban.

Pays $10 to be unbanned.

Griefer griefs. Ban.

Pays $10 to be unbanned.

This could be a great opportunity for the server to get some good donation money, and most griefers won't pay $10 just to keep griefing. Only the people who got banned who really wanna start or keep playing on the server will pay. A few will pay just to cause more trouble, but then they just get banned again (and hopefully give more moneyz because everyone loves the moneyz)
That sounds great until you realize how much work/ how annoying that is for the staff members.

NotABronie

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2013, 03:17:37 am »
I honestly think there should be a conditional for the 10$ unban.

If, and only if, they weren't permabanned for X-ray

Sincerely,
NotABronie
(click to show/hide)
Quote from: CaveJohnson
We're not banging rocks together here, we know how to put a body back together :D

Nhataley

• ^ First Profile Pic in a long time. Thanks Zera!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2013, 04:46:05 am »
The appeals are not getting replaced by the 10$, it just gives you a freebie which can't be denied, and if they pay us to be unbanned, they probably won't grief more. And if they do, well too bad. They clearly didn't care.
I still think this is a bad idea. Sorry.

I think it is a great idea!

All the grief can get rolled back, and it's not the biggest hassle in the world.

Think about it. If we had the most dedicated griefer come on here:

Griefer griefs. Ban.

Pays $10 to be unbanned.

Griefer griefs. Ban.

Pays $10 to be unbanned.

Griefer griefs. Ban.

Pays $10 to be unbanned.

This could be a great opportunity for the server to get some good donation money, and most griefers won't pay $10 just to keep griefing. Only the people who got banned who really wanna start or keep playing on the server will pay. A few will pay just to cause more trouble, but then they just get banned again (and hopefully give more moneyz because everyone loves the moneyz)
That sounds great until you realize how much work/ how annoying that is for the staff members.
I though of this before posting my comments. It would be hard on the mods. (Well I think Idk :P)

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2013, 04:46:48 am »
I honestly think there should be a conditional for the 10$ unban.

If, and only if, they weren't permabanned for X-ray

Makes our server look desperate for money

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2013, 04:51:14 am »
Why would we want people who have use X-ray, grieved, made death traps, harassed players, or have used other mods and have received 4+ bans to be able to get back on with out so much as an appeal or apology since the appeals don't count? That'd just be plain stupid, since they didn't appeal or apologies, then they will most likely go back to what they were doing, each time learning something new on how not to get caught again....

I know there have been previous posts saying this, but you guys seem to be ignoring them and not giving any proposal in favor of doing this.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 04:58:39 am by TheWholeLoaf »
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2013, 04:56:48 am »
We are not going to let players pay to be unbanned, and we are not going to censor our chat.
Locked.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident