May 27, 2024, 11:35:46 am

Author Topic: renting out space  (Read 1554 times)

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
renting out space
« on: January 09, 2013, 02:29:20 am »
At /home nathanaelm11 there is a large flat plot you can rent. I will put the dimentions up next time i can go on. It is a huge area so 100-200 a day or 500-600 a week. If you are renting the space  and you run out of time and dont renew the time, all blocks on the space are then MINE.
Rules:
No digging more than 1 block down.
Do not touch or build past the walls.
Build as high as you want.
Your time starts and i allow you in right when you pay me.
Ill take 1 fire res potion for 2 days.
Have fun!

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
Re: renting out space
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 03:24:25 am »
I'm sorry, I just don't see what the point of renting land is. I realize that it's flat, but it will take you a total of 30 minutes to clear a large area of forest, and it's free. Plus, why would anyone risk getting their build repo'd if for some reason they can't log on that week? I'm sorry, renting land just seems pointless. Selling it 100% down would be a much better choice in my view.

Disclaimer: None of the above material should be taken as a personal offence. The point of this comment is to raise questions about an economical system, and should only be read as such. I claim no liability for any unintentional emotional damage caused by this comment.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 03:31:28 am »
None taken, and what if someone just wants to hold a party or something?

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 03:41:30 am »
I'd say just hold it at their /home. The number of people who want to hold parties and don't have the space to do so is so small that it's not worth the time to clear the land for them. Not to mention, they'd have to take the house down when they're done, assuming they don't want to keep paying rent for an unused house. I think all together that would be too much of a hastle for most people, and they would opt to use their own land. Let's also not forget that deserts are relatively clear, and there are several unoccupied ones with the addition of the new guest world.

I had to add the disclaimer because I have a long history of starting arguments which people take the wrong way and get offended. That was the death of my op app, so I have to make sure it doesn't happen again.

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 03:46:59 am »
Lol as long as the caps dont come out im cool. See, people may need a 50x50 space for a small event, or to test sonething and dont feel like clearing the land. Im sure people wouldnt waste the time to make that space if they could pay $100, place redstone and cobble, then when they are done just take the redstone and ill have the cobble.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 03:52:25 am »
If I was going to test out something it would be done in a single player creative world. I see how you are seeing this but most people wont bother to take the time to pay you test it, tear it down and leave
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 04:01:18 am »
If I was going to test out something it would be done in a single player creative world. I see how you are seeing this but most people wont bother to take the time to pay you test it, tear it down and leave
Thanks, you said it better than I could've.