May 18, 2024, 09:34:05 am

Author Topic: Trusted Made Easy?  (Read 14745 times)

Sugna

• -woodenslime-
    • View Profile
Trusted Made Easy?
« on: January 07, 2013, 03:32:24 pm »
I have thought that there are too many Trusteds now.  Its being handed out like cookies, most people are getting it.  Its not very "special" anymore.  I think that "Trusted" should be given out less and made harder to get, honestly I don't even know who some of the Trusteds are.

My point is, its being given out way too much, and I think the Ops+ have got to calm down a little bit so Trusted can be special.  I don't want the Trusted rank to turn into the economy problems where everyone has it and its just a regular thing.  Some people have though about adding another rank e.g. Senior Trusted, Veteran, but this is not the answer.  Trusted should be a special rank that only the "Trusted" people get, not just the people who say "Lol" after anyone says something just to get trusted.

Please take this into consideration.

Kind regards,

-WoodenSlime
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 03:34:06 pm by WoodenSlime »
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Redchecks

• The Creepy Operator
    • View Profile
Re: Trusted Made Easy?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 03:38:10 pm »
The rank of trusted goes to whom are trusted by staff. Its not just ops+ that have a say in it. its mod+ that have more say.

Sugna

• -woodenslime-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 03:39:41 pm »
I know but now its a lot easier to get it than it used to be.  It's just not the same...
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Redchecks

• The Creepy Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 03:42:02 pm »
At the start people had no clue what to do to get trusted though... People talk so they will tell others on how to 'speed up' the trusted process

Sugna

• -woodenslime-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 03:47:04 pm »
I kinda know what you mean, but its so common now no one feels special being a Trusted, do you know what i'm talking about?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 03:56:26 pm »
Do you know the meaning behind 'Trusted'? No? Oh ok.
Well as you've said, Trusted doesn't mean it's special, we hand it out to the players we trust, not to some person to make him feel special

And yes, i see you've noticed that there have been a fair amount of promoted members lately along with the recent addition of operators (around feb - 3/4 operators, now there is 9) which has given us more of an advantage of looking for those members, even quiet ones that we feel that they have earnt the communities trust.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 04:00:06 pm by BigBadHenz »

mcoon1

• Winter is Coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 04:35:45 pm »
Counter point, WoodenSlime: Do you have any idea who I am?

I have played on the server for HOURS every day for the last few months AND been a top 10 voter for the last 2 months. However, I am one of the 'quiet' ones who doesn't socialize much. Does this mean that I don't EVER deserve to be trusted due to the fact that most of the other trusted people wouldn't know who I am? Of course not.

As BigBadHenz said, being trusted isn't an award... it's a covenant. As I see it, if you really love this server, Opticraft having lots of 'trusted' ranked people should not make you feel under-appreciated, but rather happy that you get to be a part of a vibrant community of honest, dedicated players.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 04:39:50 pm »
I kinda know what you mean, but its so common now no one feels special being a Trusted, do you know what i'm talking about?
We cant help if people feel special or not. It was not our goal to make people feel special.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Booorad

• Nuke em'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 04:46:19 pm »
I also believe that trusted is given out to readily, i met a trusted player that did not yet know the command /pay (player name)

I have also had instances where trusted players have asked me why they cannot build in an area, not knowing what a ps is.
trusted is far to common, players should not be trusted so quick. this week, i was building with redstone, in dragons keep, i left to eat supper, and came back to find all the redstone gone. i put in a ticket, and alicia came, told me it was water damage, and then left. this is obviously a trusted player, that has been griefing with water for materials.

-Booorad

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 04:51:10 pm »
There is no happy medium it seems. Either we are not promoting enough players or we are promoting too much.

Booorad

• Nuke em'
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 04:52:38 pm »
i see what you are saying nick, but i believe trusteds should not be choosen so rashly, but i do also believe there are alot of older members that deserve trusted. the only way to solve a problem like this one, is to make a limit of age of the player, so you have to have been on the server for a set amount of time before being considered for trusted.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 04:55:28 pm by Booorad »

Sugna

• -woodenslime-
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 05:01:25 pm »
I know that people deserve it.  But its so easy to get now a days.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

CaptainXV

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2013, 05:09:35 pm »
I know that people deserve it.  But its so easy to get now a days.

What do you mean? You are saying 2 completely different things. If they deserve it is has nothing to do with being easy to get. Also, I don't think it's that easier to get than it used to be.
Do you know a lot of trusteds who shouldn't be trusted? Almost every trusted I know is mature and prepared to help anybody in need. Therefore they deserve to be "trusted", since ops/mods can "trust" them.

The sentence beneath this one is true
The sentence above this one is false

Redchecks

• The Creepy Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2013, 05:17:36 pm »
The simple thing is that people who get trusted have gotten it for a reason. If you don't like it then get over it. Its not in your control.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2013, 05:53:31 pm »
No need to lock this.