May 14, 2024, 05:18:20 am

Author Topic: The daily "login" bonus  (Read 5112 times)

Spyow

• View Profile
    • Opticraft! :D
Re: The daily "login" bonus
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2012, 06:04:24 pm »
I say nononononononono.
Why? It's a good idea :P

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2012, 09:58:31 pm »
Again, I'm not trying to be rude, but if you have an idea, make sure to think it all the way through before posting it. I've had to go out of my way for these voting reward suggestions to explain why they'd be a flop when a little ruminating on the suggestor's part should have quickly brought problems to mind. I doubt many others would do the same; most people would just turn you down and leave you in the dark as to why. I realize that you want to help the server, and I appreciate that, but you have to fool-proof your idea or else it's a waste of our time.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

Spyow

• View Profile
    • Opticraft! :D
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2012, 11:16:17 pm »
Again, I'm not trying to be rude, but if you have an idea, make sure to think it all the way through before posting it. I've had to go out of my way for these voting reward suggestions to explain why they'd be a flop when a little ruminating on the suggestor's part should have quickly brought problems to mind. I doubt many others would do the same; most people would just turn you down and leave you in the dark as to why. I realize that you want to help the server, and I appreciate that, but you have to fool-proof your idea or else it's a waste of our time.
Some of the most crazy ideas could be added, doesn't matter what OR who suggested it, everything has potential

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2012, 09:46:55 pm »
I know people are concerned about the 5 cent reward bonus, but note that it would take a year of perfect voting to get a $15 donation reward.

Best griefer name ^

rytovius

• Minecraft is not mindcrack
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2012, 02:18:29 am »
I don't like this idea at all. I think you get to much as it is for voting and giving more would be foolish in my opinion. I would not want this implemented.

sassamo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2012, 03:03:48 pm »
i agree with the OP, at least on intent, and the proposed rewards seems decent too.  Voting for diamonds is a nice incentive for new users to get started, but after a while, you end up with stacks of them, and voting can have less of an appeal.  I think this is a very good server, and try to vote often to support it, but that may not be enough of a reason for everyone, plus, it's nice to give back to those who are loyal to the server.  Adding some varying prizes is a nice way to accomplish this.  As it stands now, being a perfect voter for a month will effectively earn you the same prizes as this proposed method would, except many times faster, and your dependent on someone else's 'not' voting to get that prize.  Add the likelihood of missing a few votes over time, and it will take twice as long before earning a donation prize.  Providing a way for users who can't donate due to lack of money, paypal access, etc., to earn those unobtainable rewards is a nice benefit.  At the least, it could be narrowed to only include certain of the rewards, such as in game money, experience, and additional homes.  As far as "where the money comes from", the same place the top voters get their money, nowhere, it's all virtual.