May 29, 2024, 10:01:12 am

Author Topic: [Console] Zajhein Appeal  (Read 1700 times)

Deleted111

• View Profile
[Console] Zajhein Appeal
« on: December 21, 2012, 08:17:47 am »
http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/page,BanLookup.html?username=zajhein

To start, I did read the guidelines about not appealing a console ban because of grief traps. Although in this situation it seems warranted to do so.

The reason for this is because I fell into an already griefed part of a house in "/warp build" which I couldn't get out of. I realize I should have simply teleported home, but at the time I was simply exploring far from any warp point and had never heard of grief traps so I didn't consider that breaking a few blocks in an completely griefed house to escape would be bad thing.

Considering the state of almost every private house, or land mass of any kind in /warp build already being griefed and unused without protection stones I think my actions would be the same if I fell down any hole in the ground and couldn't get back up. But now I realize damaging anything that looks like it could have been a house is dangerous and shouldn't be done. However I would suggest any grief traps be rebuilt in order to not trap people inside of them, and also appear as if someone might live there instead of discarded junk someone forgot about.

Whether this constitutes a reason to unban me or not is up to you, but it seems excessive to ban someone automatically without an actual person to consider circumstances.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
Re: [Console] Zajhein Appeal
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 08:28:04 am »
Some grieftraps have been made by staff to look griefed, and none of them are out in the middle of nowhere.

When we find grief when it's reported, it gets fixed, and, depending on the extent of the damage, a ban is regularly in short order. If it gets no attention, nothing is done about it, and is left alone unless someone happens to stumble across it.

So it's unwise to say:

I didn't consider that breaking a few blocks in an completely griefed house to escape would be bad thing.

Considering the state of almost every private house, or land mass of any kind in /warp build already being griefed and unused without protection stones I think my actions would be the same if I fell down any hole in the ground and couldn't get back up.

We have a No Griefing rule for a reason. Why would we have that rule and then not do anything about it? Doesn't make sense, right?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 08:33:52 am by Xeadin »