May 05, 2024, 08:55:52 am

Author Topic: Voting on Planet Minecraft  (Read 8281 times)

SonicHogSpeed

• View Profile
Re: Voting on Planet Minecraft
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 03:15:09 pm »
Yeah, they're famous enough. I was just using them as an example :P
But otherwise, I guess the server should be posted live on PMC

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2013, 12:57:10 am »
Alright so, since its my own topic. I am allowed to necro it i believe.

I recently saw a thread talking about votifier and I remembered about this thread I posted. It never got an official response. So i'm curious to see if this voting site is still a possibility for us as a server.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 01:19:31 am »
Voting on PMC=Divide by 0

It's hard.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2013, 01:35:45 am »
Noob: Hey, I'm from planet Minecraft. I'm here to make a server review, but if you want me to do the review I will need OP for a short while.

Me: No. No. Leave. We no like you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHYeBa-_CCA

Best griefer name ^

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2013, 01:46:08 am »
Noob: Hey, I'm from planet Minecraft. I'm here to make a server review, but if you want me to do the review I will need OP for a short while.

Me: No. No. Leave. We no like you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHYeBa-_CCA
I really dont understand the relationship with voting on planet minecraft and a guy claiming to be from planet minecraft. Not every guest/member knows we even have a voting system.

Besides as ive said before.....it can be handled quite easily...as a mod now, ive observed that when a person spams or says ridiculous junk...the kick time is almost instant.....therefore that means we are quite prepared for any troll who thinks he can actually get a staff rank by saying he's from planet minecraft.

I want some positive/negative feedback fellas. People claiming that they are from planet minecraft is not a legitimate enough excuse to reject this idea.

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2013, 02:20:05 am »
I, as a member of PMC [level 9 :D] think this would be a great idea.

Looking at the website now, and there's about 10k people online and 916k total members, thats 10k potential guests joining and enjoying opticraft (assuming they see the post)

Diamonds do play a huge role in PMC, they're a way of saying "I enjoyed this server and I think it deserves to be well known by others" or "This server is great". The more diamonds the server gets in a given amount of time (along with other variables) allows the server to be on the "Pop-reel" for maximum exposure.

I do not see a negative effect in having the server's information on PMC.

Sure there's going to be those "server reviewers" but that should not decide whether or not this is done, that only implies that the players with Administrative roles on the server would have more to cope with. I, as a Classic Operator have received plenty of PM's from users saying they need to be Op'd for this reason. Simple answer is NO, maybe even a kick if its necessary. Everyone should know that PMC does not send out random people to review servers. And if they did, ask for their PMC Username and do some research.

Uploading a server to PMC is free (As far as I know), easy, and self-explanatory

« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 02:26:29 am by Holy_Moses »
IG - @oem_moses

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2013, 04:01:07 pm »
*Gives Op*

Anyway I am all for us getting more exposure, and as it was said, their isn't really a downside to it at all. I'd even be willing to do the work for getting us advertised there. Since our only reason not to would seem to be that it takes effort :P

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2013, 07:33:34 pm »
*Gives Op*

Yay :P!
IG - @oem_moses

Spyow

• View Profile
    • Opticraft! :D
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2013, 09:26:53 pm »
I agree with DJ. Some noob coming on saying he is from PMC isn't enough to reject this. Out of the potential say, 100 that we would gain from this, only 2 or 3 would be newbish.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2013, 09:44:55 pm »
The only difference (I think) from PMC to the other voting sites is that on PMC you can only give a diamond once. Unlike these other sites where they reset, Planet Mine Craft seems like a good way to put the Opticraft name out there to a new audience but we wont get daily diamonds from it. So maybe when you give a diamond to Opticraft on PMC you get something other than a diamond on Opticraft. Since as I said before it is a one time vote, and can only be obtained once
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2013, 05:24:16 pm »
The only difference (I think) from PMC to the other voting sites is that on PMC you can only give a diamond once. Unlike these other sites where they reset, Planet Mine Craft seems like a good way to put the Opticraft name out there to a new audience but we wont get daily diamonds from it. So maybe when you give a diamond to Opticraft on PMC you get something other than a diamond on Opticraft. Since as I said before it is a one time vote, and can only be obtained once
I agree that players should be rewarded for "Diamonding" the server. However, I am not sure if there's an automatic, or easy way to give players the rewarded item without going back and forth to the server's PMC page and digging through the list of people who Diamond'd the server. Also, some players have different PMC usernames from their IGN's.
IG - @oem_moses

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2013, 09:30:39 pm »
Bitch pleasw.
I dont have a Pmc.
Why not voting rewards and not diamond rewards?

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2013, 09:42:53 pm »
The problem with diamonding. You can take the diamonds back. Therefore people can basically take the reward and exploit.

I don't have a solution for this yet though. :/

Until we find the solution to ensure of no exploitations, I suggest no rewards. Find me a solution and then you can go reward crazy.

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2013, 10:50:37 pm »
The problem with diamonding. You can take the diamonds back. Therefore people can basically take the reward and exploit.

I don't have a solution for this yet though. :/

Until we find the solution to ensure of no exploitations, I suggest no rewards. Find me a solution and then you can go reward crazy.

Good point, completely forgot about that.
IG - @oem_moses

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2013, 01:07:18 am »
Just no diamond rewards lol. Only votings