May 16, 2024, 08:26:53 am

Author Topic: London!!  (Read 8178 times)

kagarium

• I'm alive, but inactive.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: London!!
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2013, 04:16:46 am »
You. Havent seen her. Before.

so you have?
IGN: kag1999_ (now kagarium, thanks butter)

Quote from: Nick3306
I saved 100% on car insurance by switching to no car insurance

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2013, 01:54:56 pm »
If ive seen the queen? Yea.
My principal is friggin obsessed with britian and the queen

CookieMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2013, 06:21:26 pm »
MEET THE BEATLES

Redchecks

• The Creepy Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2013, 06:43:23 pm »
MEET THE BEATLES

Another rule(this one is so very important)

- If you are to see, hear of a man being obscene and flashing his private parts you are to walk up to him. and boot him harder than the kick from a horse. Make sure the kick is pinpointed at his testicular area. Squashing the left one more than the right one. that way the pain isn't focused in an area too large and he can cry. FOREVER.
-Don't pretend to be patriotic to Britain. ("I love the queen and them swans") DON'T! It's the most annoying thing ever.
-Don't go near Scotland. Not yours to touch
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 06:49:02 pm by Redchecks »

butterflywolves

• xx Builder xx Trusted xx
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2013, 03:17:28 pm »
Not going to Scotland.
Im back.... I think

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2013, 04:17:41 pm »
-Don't pretend to be patriotic to Britain. ("I love the queen and them swans") DON'T! It's the most annoying thing ever.

God damn Scots. Don't listen to a word those kilt wearin', haggis eatin' Scots say.
God save the Queen, and all her magestic swans.
The Queen was Queenin' before you were born, son. And probably before your father was born. Maybe even your father's father was born.

zwaan111

• SMP - trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2013, 09:18:17 pm »

This is Her Majesty, The Queen, God save her grace.

(click to show/hide)

in my opinion, the queen of the netherlands looks better

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2013, 09:52:08 pm »
That would be easy for me, it hard to love the queen when she uses taxpayer money to make appearances while holding very very little political power. Try to get away with that in the US.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2013, 10:17:22 pm »
That would be easy for me, it hard to love the queen when she uses taxpayer money to make appearances while holding very very little political power. Try to get away with that in the US.

The Queen holds a reasonable amount of political power.
She opens our parliament, can (Well, technically) dissolve parliament as well as making diplomatic visits (Well, now its more of the younger royals, due to her age).

Oh, and do I need to point out that she is Head of State of 16 countries?

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2013, 11:27:12 pm »

The Queen holds a reasonable amount of political power.
She opens our parliament, can (Well, technically) dissolve parliament as well as making diplomatic visits (Well, now its more of the younger royals, due to her age).

Oh, and do I need to point out that she is Head of State of 16 countries?
All I'm saying is that here in america people are upset because they want to give obama a raise and he currently makes $400,000 a year as to where the queen gets millions from the state (to be fair a good chunk of it goes towards paying the staff and stuff like that). The difference being obama has substantially more power and does more than the queen.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 11:40:13 pm by Nick3306 »
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

zxSM1FFYzx

• I am a Dwarf And i Diggy Diggy Hole!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2013, 11:52:02 pm »
London eye, Buckingham Palace, o2 Arena, Wembly, Big ben, London Tower, River Themes (God knows) and others coem to mind

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2013, 01:02:52 am »
London eye, Buckingham Palace, o2 Arena, Wembly, Big ben, London Tower, River Themes (God knows) and others coem to mind

London Eye is pretty good, went up for my birthday with my family a few years ago.

Buckingham palace is also pretty cool

O2 Arena and Wembley are both nice places, but to be honest, unless you're seeing something there, its not really worth it (Well, maybe a backstage tour around Wembley if you're in to football (Soccer)

Big Ben (And parliament) are both nice buildings, but not really sure if its the sort of thing you can even go in. Looking at it for a few mins from the opposite side of the Thames is cool.

Tower of London is pretty neat aswell, I know I've been there once, but don't really remember it. I think you get to see all the crown jewels and stuff.

River Thames... Well, good luck going to London and not seeing it.

As to other things, the museums are pretty cool, if you like that sort of stuff.
Natural History Museum has some pretty cool dinosaur stuff, as well as all sorts of other things. I believe its free to visit. I need to go back there some day...
Science Museum is also awesome (And free). Also need to go back here...

Uhh... Madame Tussauds is meant to be good (Never been there myself)

Then there is also stuff like Westminster and St Pauls Cathedral, HMS Belfast, I can't even be bothered to link anymore. Google it

Check this site out for more info http://www.visitlondon.com/things-to-do/sightseeing/tourist-attraction

Enjoy Claw's guide to London ^^

All I'm saying is that here in america people are upset because they want to give obama a raise and he currently makes $400,000 a year as to where the queen gets millions from the state (to be fair a good chunk of it goes towards paying the staff and stuff like that). The difference being obama has substantially more power and does more than the queen.

Just did some quick research.

Quote from Wikipedia:
Quote from: Wikipedia
In modern times, the profits surrendered from the Crown Estate have exceeded the Civil List and Grants-in-Aid. For example, the Crown Estate produced £200 million for the Treasury in the financial year 2007–8, whereas reported parliamentary funding for the monarch was £40 million during the same period.
This site also backs up the fact, and explains it more clearly

TL:DR:
UK profits £160 Million ($244 million) per year due to Queen + Royals (Not even including tourists visiting castles etc.)

While I do take your point, I don't see the Queen as a "bad" influence/system on Britain, as a whole.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 01:16:12 am by clawstrider »