May 14, 2024, 08:02:19 am

Author Topic: a mod suggestion ( inventory tweeks)  (Read 2615 times)

bubblekiller

• View Profile
a mod suggestion ( inventory tweeks)
« on: December 05, 2012, 12:39:19 am »
this mod with one click sorts your inventory and chest with a click of a button, it gives no advantage to the user, but its nice to sort chests and your inventory when its a complete mess.

here is the link:  http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/323444-144145-inventory-tweaks-145-nov-16/
[/img]http://signaturecraft.us/signatures/eJw9yjsKgDAMANA9p8gFBOvvAIoOrgrOKQYJ1ghJe3833_zGN0aymxkWMc84JXLHhzMlXIrLqzjrJcpsEP-7ZTJc-RQ4RDMbbkVNnL/

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: a mod suggestion ( inventory tweeks)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 01:11:44 am »
Dont use this.... how is sorting your inventory for you not advantageous?? The only mod allowed is Optifine.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 01:12:11 am »
This is just a simple no. Think about it.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

bubblekiller

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 01:32:33 am »
It doesnt give an advantage to servive it helps aort things
[/img]http://signaturecraft.us/signatures/eJw9yjsKgDAMANA9p8gFBOvvAIoOrgrOKQYJ1ghJe3833_zGN0aymxkWMc84JXLHhzMlXIrLqzjrJcpsEP-7ZTJc-RQ4RDMbbkVNnL/

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 01:39:03 am »
"Creeper! Quickly, pull out your sword from your inventory!"

Two things can happen.

1. Without the mod:

"Okay, I just need to find it in my inventory and place it in the correct space in the hotbar. (Takes time to find it and correctly place it)"

2. With the mod:

"It's fine. I have never died before. (Pulls out diamond sword from inventory in less than a second, kills creeper with absolutely no effort)"

See how this eventually doesn't even become survival anymore? The survival aspect has been diminished enough.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Redchecks

• The Creepy Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 01:42:01 am »
I see no problem with this mod.. All it does is sort your inventory out (chests as well) by placing the same thing next to it's 'friend'. It doesn't touch your hot bar. I use this mod on my single player. It provides no advantages except a cleaner chest content layout.

But unfortunately it most likely wont be allowed. Pff
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 01:43:49 am by Redchecks »

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 01:43:29 am »
My chests are messy, but for the valuables, I at least took the time to sort them out next to each other.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 01:46:14 am »
I've even had this mod a while back when I would play the tecnic pack,  but still, it's been echoed too many times, no mods allowed except optifine. Once we allow this, then someone says, "whats wrong with a mod that lets me autoreplace blocks in my hotbar? It's harmless!" and so on

See "If you give a mouse a cookie"
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 01:49:25 am by ☣2crzy4uall☣ »

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 01:54:25 am »
Ok here is my perspective on things.

IF a mod gives no advantage to a player, then who's going to know you're using a mod? Now I haven't actually used any mods, and I don't even need optifine because I have a fairly good gaming rig. In theory though, if a mod doesn't give you any sort of advantage, then nobody will ever know you were using it. If nobody knows you are using it, then there is no problem.

If a mod does give you an advantage, then people will notice and say, "Hey. That guy over there. He's been getting more diamonds in one hour than I've been able to get in a day," or something of the likes.

So my word of advice, if there's no advantage given to you over the other player then you aren't cheating by using the mod, and hence nobody will have any way of knowing you are using it. Some can say this is bad, but if you can watch someone play and not think once that they're using a mod other than optifine then it can be assumed that they aren't. See what I'm getting at?

Btw lets look at optifine. Unless you know the player enough or a player has told you that he/she uses optifine, then you probably would not know whether the player was using optifine or not. It gives no advantage in game and makes Minecraft run better so it can be playable on weaker computers therefore it is undetectable even by a human.

If you skipped the wall of text above then just take this out of it:  If somebody could watch you play Minecraft for a while (without you knowing) and not be able to determine that you are using a mod then there isn't going to be a problem with it because if the mod gave you any sort of advantage then the person watching you would know it by watching your gameplay.

Best griefer name ^

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 02:01:28 am »
I have always thought the same Chief, but simply because I don't want to risk it, I just simply use no mods other than Optifine at all. But as for me right now, I don't even use mods anymore, even in single player.

bubblekiller

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 02:22:04 am »
It cant be clicked to your hot bar, and u need to open the inventory and click it so the blocks go with the same blocks, there is no cheating involved

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 02:33:23 am »
Bubble, its a mod, and its not allowed. Locked.