May 14, 2024, 06:40:18 pm

Author Topic: Voter identity protection  (Read 7843 times)

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Voter identity protection
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2012, 11:07:10 am »
The negative effects of having someone else vote for you is that the vote sites take one vote per ip, so if they vote for themselves and you, we lose a vote.. Now if they vote for 5 other people, we lose 5 votes. Voting may be annoying but we need them to grow and people who are voting for other people are not helping at all.

Alright, fair point.

I can see username (Logged on the forum) working, but not ip. What if I'm at a friends house, and want to vote (etc.)?

Other than that, I'm not sure.

Also, I doubt its possible to make it so you only get the diamonds after captcha-ing, otherise it would have already been done.

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2012, 03:55:25 pm »
I can see username (Logged on the forum) working, but not ip. What if I'm at a friends house, and want to vote (etc.)?

Also, I doubt its possible to make it so you only get the diamonds after captcha-ing, otherise it would have already been done.

Well tough luck, voting sites or server listings are the ones taking a vote per ip, in which we won't be able to alter the settings according to our liking.

It is possible getting diamonds after passing the captcha, it would just require sites that support Votifier in which will not happen since xtremetop100 does it by script not Votifier.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2012, 04:27:25 pm »

Well tough luck, voting sites or server listings are the ones taking a vote per ip, in which we won't be able to alter the settings according to our liking.

It is possible getting diamonds after passing the captcha, it would just require sites that support Votifier in which will not happen since xtremetop100 does it by script not Votifier.

I think you misunderstood me. I was responding to Felix, who suggested ip linking your account and voting ip location ^^

CazualxGrenade

• Feelin βίος
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 03:31:50 pm »

I think you misunderstood me. I was responding to Felix, who suggested ip linking your account and voting ip location ^^
But, what if you were somewhere else nowhere near your IP location. Say you were in a different state, would it still count for voting?
Bacon!
Message me for your random food for the day lol.

SonicHogSpeed

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2012, 12:53:34 am »
But, what if you were somewhere else nowhere near your IP location. Say you were in a different state, would it still count for voting?
Speaking of which, I'm going to Phoenix, Arizona this Christmas season. Will there be any difficulties for those sites on my votes?

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
  • Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2012, 06:51:27 pm »
I'll just point out 2 major facts that I've just realized now.

ALL the button does, is redirect you to the voting website. Putting down your name, only tells you if you can vote again or not.

Point 1. People could EASILY just copy the websites down, and continue voting for other people.

Point 2 The reason the voting system is the way it is now, is to make the voting sites accessible to guests, or people who don't want to create an account. By making the vote button accessible to registered users only would lower, and make voting harder.

/thread already please.

Honneur. Sacrifice. Fidélité
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء