May 03, 2024, 12:41:02 pm

Author Topic: A Bank  (Read 11609 times)

mcoon1

• Winter is Coming...
    • View Profile
Re: A Bank
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2012, 08:59:11 pm »
It might be useful if it is used like a real life bank:
-Main Function is loaning money.
-Can only loan up to the sum of what people have deposited in bank (plus a certain amount of money that is used as a backup)
-Encourage members to deposit money in bank by offering a small interest return on accounts.
-Loans are only available to TRUSTED rank or above, and priority is based on amount asked for and (higher ranked individuals, longer time on server, etc.)
-Loan rates are based on amount of money in the bank at start of each day.

I think that this could really be nice for people looking to start big projects that are fairly resource intensive.

zwaan111

• SMP - trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2012, 09:38:39 pm »
-Can only loan up to the sum of what people have deposited in bank (plus a certain amount of money that is used as a backup)
-Encourage members to deposit money in bank by offering a small interest return on accounts.
-Loans are only available to TRUSTED rank or above, and priority is based on amount asked for and (higher ranked individuals, longer time on server, etc.)

I think that this could really be nice for people looking to start big projects that are fairly resource intensive.

just no,

1. this would make trusteds+ able to spend more money than they actually have, what would give trusteds+ a huge advantage. this wouldnt be fair towards the other (nontrusted) players.

2. the problem of intrest is that the more money you have on the bank, the more money you will get. this means that rich players will get even richer in a short period of time (300k on the bank = 10k every 3 days). and poor players stay poor
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 09:42:42 pm by zwaan111 »

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2012, 11:27:50 pm »
This is becoming a terrible topic. Loans to trusted only? Losing your house? Going in debt? People, this is Minecraft! Save the getting evicted and crap for real life or go play The Sims.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2012, 03:54:08 am »
I like having all my money on me, banks are pointless
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2012, 05:46:00 am »
I like having all my money on me, banks are pointless

Nuff said.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
  • Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2012, 06:11:32 am »

There's no way to enforce loans. Plus, Opticraft is pretty close to Laissez-faire capitalism, Where the 'government' doesn't involve itself with player-based trades.
I mean, You aren't even protected if someone went back on a deal. So I don't see how a loaning system would be secured by the server. I mean you can be a complete douchebag and loan 100,000$ from someone, and not pay it back. 
And the rules don't protect you *Unless of course they decided to improve it a bit*.
Honneur. Sacrifice. Fidélité
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

NathanialJones

• SMP Builder and cool guy extrodinare!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2012, 09:15:02 pm »
I like the idea, but there's plenty of problems.
What if someone took 100,000$ from the bank bought tons of protection stones places them everywhere and leaves the server.
About posts, how do you even post a post?

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2012, 11:11:01 pm »
I like the idea, but there's plenty of problems.
What if someone took 100,000$ from the bank bought tons of protection stones places them everywhere and leaves the server.

This is becoming a terrible topic. Loans to trusted only? Losing your house? Going in debt? People, this is Minecraft! Save the getting evicted and crap for real life or go play The Sims.

There's no way to enforce loans. Plus, Opticraft is pretty close to Laissez-faire capitalism, Where the 'government' doesn't involve itself with player-based trades.
I mean, You aren't even protected if someone went back on a deal. So I don't see how a loaning system would be secured by the server. I mean you can be a complete douchebag and loan 100,000$ from someone, and not pay it back. 
And the rules don't protect you *Unless of course they decided to improve it a bit*.

All the reasons we need to lock this topic. I think this would be a terrible idea. Sorry if there was a bit of quote spam.

piggyz

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2012, 12:51:15 am »
i think banks would be pointless