May 03, 2024, 06:50:58 am

Author Topic: ---New Plugin Idea--- VERY INTERESTING IDEA  (Read 2189 times)

ThunderBow98

• Pocket Edition is Where its At :P
    • View Profile
    • ThunderBow98's YouTube Channel
---New Plugin Idea--- VERY INTERESTING IDEA
« on: November 17, 2012, 03:59:39 am »
BLOCK EXCHANGE HOMEPAGE
Hello! I have recently been coming up with ideas for plugins. However, I am of no mind to code such plugins, so I am leaving my suggestions to the community. My idea is called the "Block Exchange"/"Block Market"... a spinoff of the Stock Market. It will work in conjunction with the iconomy plugin. This is how it works, and I will use Opticraft as an example:

MAIN CONCEPTS OF "BLOCK EXCHANGE"
-People can invest money in "Blocks" (stocks).
-Say you want to invest in Emeralds (just as a realistic "currency example)
-You can invest in the Emerald stock for $500. Each time an emerald is sold, you can get a return on the money you spent of say $50.
-Say Emeralds are THE THING to get on the server. Everybody has them. This would be an example of a lucrative "block". It's constantly sold, so whoever invests in it will earn a little bit of money.
-But let's turn the tables.  Emeralds are no longer the thing to buy, or sales in Emeralds are decreasing. After about 2 days (in real life), and no emerald sales have been made, you will begin to lose money from the Emerald Stock. This is an example of a block that is "down"

RECAP/FEATURES
*People can invest in blocks, which function like stocks

*Each block/item, depending on it's popularity and rarity, has its own specific price (Emeralds would be around $500 with a $50 return, whereas Dirt or Cobblestone, would be around $5 with a $0.50 return)

*If the block is sold constantly, you will earn a bit of return money for investing in the block (An "Up" block)

*If the block sales have stopped, after 2 days you will begin to lose money on that block

Full list of Ideas/Features
(click to show/hide)

Note again that I am not one for coding... I am just a source of ideas and people would code the server plugin for me. I have recently discussed this idea with the Developer for Opticraft and he/she (no gender specification in mine craft, so i have no clue who this person is :P), said it is a good idea and I should discuss it with the community. I would like your opinion on this idea as future use in Opticraft. I will continue creating ideas for this server plugin, and and suggestions would be great. Thanks for reading my forum post!
-ThunderBow98

PS. I am considering creating a "team" for this server plugin. There will be a "coding" team and "ideas" team. Other teams will be thought of to get as many people involved in this potentially amazing idea!

PSS. Since I am the original creator of this idea, if you go ahead and decide to begin coding this without me knowing, I will request you give me proper recognition, since I would still like to come up with ideas for this plugin.
ThunderBow98
-TWITTER- @cubethunder
-YouTube- http://www.youtube.com/thunderbow98

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: ---New Plugin Idea--- VERY INTERESTING IDEA
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 04:19:35 am »
We aren't a huge economy server, it's mainly survival. Also this has been suggested before (or something very similar anyway) Main thing is, sounds fun, would be nice, just not on our server

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 06:07:43 am »
No. This is a survival server, not an economy server.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 08:27:16 am »
i talked to you in-game about this and i still feel the same about the idea; i will reiterate here for others to see:

i do not like the idea of investment. players passively earning money is not an interesting mechanic, and players passively *losing* money (potentially without them even realizing it) is a disaster waiting to happen.

i do like that you're thinking, and this is a cool idea, but i don't think it currently has a place here at opticraft.