June 15, 2024, 10:42:49 pm

Author Topic: New ranks and priveleges  (Read 10329 times)

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
Re: New ranks and priveleges
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2012, 03:32:23 pm »
xDeeKay, you realize the sheer amount of people getting trusted now right? It seems like we add two more Trusted players every day, and they have only been on the server about a week. So no, now it really doesn't show how long you have been on anymore.

(Inside joke) And no, neither does knowing Xeadin like some guest thought...o_O
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2012, 06:11:06 pm »
We are not looking to add a new rank now or in the future.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

proush600563

• SMP Trusted- Paratopia, Golden Nations Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2012, 07:33:50 pm »
I don't think a veteran trusted rank would be a bad thing ... I mean.. Who doesn't like a nice title?
Also I have never wanted to be a mod just simply because I like having time to actually play minecraft, however I sometimes feel like people look at trusteds as those who aren't cut out for mod'ing .
In no way am I saying its necessary, and I think lava is a bad Idea (really who needs it that often that they can't call a mod?)

idk maybe /tp at most
Anyways though back on subject I think it would be a good idea to have a veteran rank just to show who all of the trusteds that have played for a long time, have caused no trouble to opti staff, and are a bit more devoted to the game are.

Just a thought. Like I said though its not a necessity, just a cool reward for players who've been on a long time.
(And I mean long time by smp server standards)
*also just a side not I have not yet read the first page of this post so sorry if I say anything that has already been discussed.

Every part of this reply should be an example to why we shouldn't have this rank. I'm sorry, but you made this rank sound so stupid it's not even funny. All this rank will be is an excuse to brag about how long you've been on the server for. It won't take long until people will see the rank as an ego boost rather than something people should work towards.

'to show who all of the trusteds that have played for a long time'
People who have played for a long time are already given a rank, it's called Trusted!

I could go on for ages as to why this is a stupid idea, but I won't because you get the picture. Just be happy with being Trusted people, you've already shown us, the senior staff, that you can be trusted so we don't need another rank to show us you're still here.

I do understand every point you've made here xDeeKay (and I am personally happy with trusted and have never complained) I see that nick said this will not be happening and I honestly figured likleyhood of it happening would be low
So realistically though I agree this rank is not needed and I guess if youre a trusted and you've been on for a while most people will just know it anyways.

Also though XDeeKay I am realistic if I may bring up this line (not meaning any disrespect towards you):
In no way am I saying its necessary, and I think lava is a bad Idea (really who needs it that often that they can't call a mod?)
Anyways though I do understand the points
(click to show/hide)

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2012, 08:52:15 pm »
XDeeKay, I've heard of someone getting Trusted within a week, or even the first few days of joining Opticraft.  This idea isn't even stupid.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2012, 10:17:24 pm »
It was my opinion people, don't judge me off it like I'm a bad person or something.
I don't want to argue about this, but none of your responses towards my comment actually make sense.

And please, no more rank suggestions, lol.
We are not looking to add a new rank now or in the future.

I see no more room for discussion, locked.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 09:16:10 am by xDeeKay »