May 14, 2024, 09:55:15 pm

Author Topic: good anti xray idea  (Read 1883 times)

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
good anti xray idea
« on: November 07, 2012, 10:27:00 pm »
awhile ago i saw a post where once a minute it would take a screenshot of every1s screen and access the amount of ores there were. this was rejected. also, i saw another where if you mined a certain amount of ores it bans you automatically. also rejected. but i had an idea.

if a player mines a certain amount of ores quickly, a staff member is notified. they can then take a screenshot/live video of that players screen to manually access the xraying. if they see xray or just mining ore to ore, they are banned.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 11:47:46 pm by TheWholeLoaf »

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
Re: good anti xray idea
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 10:29:58 pm »
You realize this is nearly impossible right? And I have an Effeciency V pickaxe, I don't want every staff member to be spammed because I mined a bit of iron really fast.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Nhataley

• ^ First Profile Pic in a long time. Thanks Zera!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 10:40:43 pm »
Same here.

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 10:44:37 pm »
no i mean like if it picks up alot of DIFFERENT ores quickly. or counts the amount of stone in between each type of ore.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 10:45:58 pm »
Still, you need to understand we can't just put a bunch of code together and BOOM! We can see the other player's screen, record it, take a picture of everyone's screen and send it to the server every minute...you see what I mean?

We have perfectly fine methods to catch xrayers.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 10:56:13 pm »
We already have an xray plugin. We do just fine with its use, so it's really no more effective than just using that.