May 14, 2024, 05:34:33 pm

Author Topic: Guard plugin ?  (Read 2223 times)

ivy2112

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
Guard plugin ?
« on: October 14, 2012, 07:35:04 pm »
As the title as says
Why does the guard plugin not help the server to explain new people about using the channels and how too make money
This will probably help the new persons that are somtimes stuck in local or trade and dont know how to use it
i saw this on many servers and thsi helped me a lot there

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Guard plugin ?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 07:59:35 pm »
What?
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

plihbmaster

• Top voter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 08:04:13 pm »
What does the guard plugin do?

ivy2112

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 08:07:28 pm »
i dont know how it is called but it send messages to people that walk near them , maby we could do this at spawn for the global chats
i will post a screenshot from it , ( other server but i will cut everything else )

It can send messages like  Type  "/ch t " to sell stuff to other people !! or  , Type "/ch g" to chat with all people !! or type "/ch l" to talk to people within the 250 blocks !

I think guests will think about it more then reading , like me :P
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 08:20:29 pm by ivy2112 »

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 08:12:00 pm »
i dont know how it is called but it send messages to people that walk near them , maby we could do this at spawn for the global chats
i will post a screenshot from it , ( other server but i will cut everything else )
I don't think guests want random people sending messages to them when they pass by them.

---><--- Click the monkey

CazualxGrenade

• Feelin βίος
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 08:18:56 pm »
Some people here sometimes go to the guest spawn, and they can always help them out when needed.

I don't see why this would be needed, like Mr said:
I don't think guests want random people sending messages to them when they pass by them.
Bacon!
Message me for your random food for the day lol.

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 05:40:28 am »
you are on about the citizens plugin:
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/citizens/

even though you'd think this can be a better way to provide a better guide to incoming players, the signs at spawn are well enough to inform guests about our server rules/guidelines/information/etc.

given than that, all this plugin does is just create bot like players that don't really help guide our players as well as having the possibility of lagging our server as these are counted as entities. they are just essentially something fun/bonus to have, nothing useful to us.

all in all, we've got several plugins on the server and it's attributes won't be necessarily needed for the server since we've got scheduled announcements, signs and the website to help them.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 12:28:00 pm by BigBadHenz »