May 26, 2024, 12:57:14 pm

Author Topic: Invisibilty potions  (Read 18494 times)

TheRealFamous

• Semper Fi
    • View Profile
Re: Invisibilty potions
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 11:43:34 pm »
they should be. otherwise, ppl could follow you around, and when you open your locked door, get in without you knowing. They might even see where you hide stuff.

either way im pretty sure the staff will still be able to see you.

and btw, i believe they were created as an item because the new boss kills anything that moves. literaly

You hide stuff? Considering you can lock everything and anything for free, there is no point in doing that at all.

As to using mobs to pvp, the chance of having 2 potions at once, while being in the wild, while seeing someone else, while meeting a mob, and then managing to lure the then invisible mob to a player, are pretty slim.

I would say that there are more pros than cons to invisibility potions.

Yeah but what if its not all about the player chasing you down. What about they set their very own death trap in their own home. For example, Someone can easily bring mobs or spawn them in their house and make them invisible.for instance Creepers, Zombies, Spiders, ETC. Once you tp to their house, You are unaware of anything until you die, because you couldn't see the mobs.

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 12:12:29 am »
they should be. otherwise, ppl could follow you around, and when you open your locked door, get in without you knowing. They might even see where you hide stuff.

and btw, i believe they were created as an item because the new boss kills anything that moves. literaly

You hide stuff? Considering you can lock everything and anything for free, there is no point in doing that at all.

As to using mobs to pvp, the chance of having 2 potions at once, while being in the wild, while seeing someone else, while meeting a mob, and then managing to lure the then invisible mob to a player, are pretty slim.

Yeah but what if its not all about the player chasing you down. What about they set their very own death trap in their own home. For example, Someone can easily bring mobs or spawn them in their house and make them invisible.for instance Creepers, Zombies, Spiders, ETC. Once you tp to their house, You are unaware of anything until you die, because you couldn't see the mobs.

well i wont say it'll never happen because i'm sure some moron would do it.... however as far as the death trappers go, they tend to be rather lazy and it's far simpler to just dig a hole straight down toss your /home over the hole and yell "Free diamonds at /home suchnsuch" and clearly not having the potions hasn't really cut back on the nubs trying to death trap.... it'd just get dealt with the same as it does currently i suppose

it just doesn't seem like the invis pots could do much harm, least no more than anything else that's already available

so why even consider taking out an aspect of the game over something they can accomplish a number of other easier ways already?
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 12:22:23 am »
of course the likeliness of someone coming across a player fighting a mob with a splash invis pot in hand and actually using it to intentionally get them killed is pretty slim given the amount of space and the number of people on at any given time. so if it were happening then people would be intentionally looking to harass other players and  like you said you're not just gonna let that happen, so why should the rest of us suffer for the wrong doings of the occasional dimwit?  ;)

More people are aware about this tactic than you think. In fact, I think 1 in 4 users are thinking of this right now or have thought about this since the potions were even mentioned.

Also, Famous brought up a point about mob traps set at player's homes, and I'll add to this. Certain mobs (zombies, skeletons, etc.) are able to pick up your items when you die, so other players can use this as a loophole around the whole 'deathtrap' set at home and claim that the mobs killed the player so it was justified. You think we're all looking forward to that kind of mess? And this is gonna be more common than most people realize, so the whole "1 or 2 people doing this shouldn't hurt" claim is not going to work.

so why even consider taking out an aspect of the game over something they can accomplish a number of other easier ways already?

Because it's a new way to do it. The deathpits are diminishing in numbers as players realize that that's not gonna work. The invisibility and the new mob ability makes this a loophole around the 'deathtrap' scenario, and we are simply avoiding loopholes. You can't log mobs of any type, so how would we know who did it? If there's a plugin that would allow us to log who makes a mob turn invisible, that'd be great, but that's not gonna be practical, considering that mobs spawn an infinite number of times.

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 02:19:38 am »

In my builds I have plenty of secrets, the ppl I've built for know that, and I wouldnt want others to know how to get into my secret rooms or seen combinations I type in (button/lever combos). I hide cool stuff, not items.

Also, those circumstances that u said wouldn't be very difficult to pull off. It happens alot u just don't realize it.

And one con is enough to weigh out all the pros.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 02:47:44 am by TheWholeLoaf »
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

Quattro92

• Saving the world one day at a time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 03:19:11 am »
Gives more reason for people to leave the server.  If you continue the sanctions on what people can do they will go elsewhere. :-\

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 03:25:00 am »
How helpful could invisibility potions really be? In the end, they would cause more harm then good.

If ppl leave just because of that, then they are missing the true purpose of opticraft.
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

Quattro92

• Saving the world one day at a time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2012, 03:34:15 am »
How helpful could invisibility potions really be? In the end, they would cause more harm then good.

If ppl leave just because of that, then they are missing the true purpose of opticraft.

First off I'm not trying to argue good and bad points of invisibility. 
All I'm doing is suggesting the constant "sanctions" will push people from the server. 
IE if I can do it at another server why go back to Opti.  (Alot of my friends that I started going to this server with have left because of that reason). 
We're also continually told that this is a survival server.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2012, 05:06:19 am »
Yes it is a survival server, we tell people that when they ask us to spawn things for them, or give them creative, or give them bedrock. The only things that have an impact on playing is that we dont allow guests or members to use water buckets, and lava is reserved for staff and up. Now personally I don't that we shouldn't limit this new potion, the novelty will eventually wear off..... And also you can see the particle effects of someone there.

TheRealFamous

• Semper Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2012, 05:15:49 am »
I have no problem players using the potion whatsoever, Im just nervous about them using them on Mobs to make them disappear and kill players.

If there was a way to make that disabled for making Mobs invisible, That would be great and everyone would be satisfied.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2012, 08:06:06 am »
Guys, wait for an Admin to respond. No one is helping here.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2012, 11:08:51 pm »
We will discuss the invisibility potions along with all of the wither crap soon.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2012, 12:14:18 am »
We will discuss the invisibility potions along with all of the wither crap soon.

Disable that Wither shiat. That is the ultimate grief tool.

Invisibility potions should only be drinkable, disable the splash invisibility for "mob trolling" reasons.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

NatanylJames (N8MATTHEWS)

• The Koreannn
  • [Founder of Marine City]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2012, 03:35:53 pm »
What alut the night vision can we use that?
I'm Back BABY!

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2012, 03:46:35 pm »
Gives more reason for people to leave the server.  If you continue the sanctions on what people can do they will go elsewhere. :-\
We have these sanctions to make a better experience for all players. We arent going to sacrifice the well being of all our players just because a few players would leave if they couldn't use invisibility potions. It is hard to do these kinds of things but you have to keep in mind the old saying "you cant please everyone"

That being said we have not completely decided on this issue yet.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

CazualxGrenade

• Feelin βίος
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2012, 04:24:44 pm »
But is it possible to have the wither be like the creeper? Shoot fireballs, But take damage, and have no damage to happen.
Bacon!
Message me for your random food for the day lol.