May 29, 2024, 04:49:08 am

Author Topic: Protection Stones.  (Read 3319 times)

Jax

• View Profile
Protection Stones.
« on: January 05, 2013, 03:39:54 am »
I believe that protection stones should be non-existant. The moderators should be able to mark land that's safe from griefing. It seems unfair that you make some pay $1,500 to protect their land, not everybody had that kind of money laying around. Honestly, I can see why you wouldn't want to have that since the /helpop's would be flooded, but it would raise the economy of the world substantially. I sincerly hope that this gets considered somewhat, because I think it'd make the game experience on Opticraft much better.

benc117

• View Profile
Re: Protection Stones.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 03:56:09 am »
No..
Instragram: @ben.callaghan
Email: ben.callaghan.2001@hotmail.com
IGN: Benc117

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 04:01:51 am »
No..

Im going to give reasoning to that ^^^^^.

If we took protection stones out, buildings would be greifed right away. They are not mandatory, just use them to protect something worth greifing like a spawn area or beacon.

benc117

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 04:04:14 am »
No..

Im going to give reasoning to that ^^^^^.

just use them to protect something worth greifing like a spawn area or beacon.
Nothing is worth greifing
Instragram: @ben.callaghan
Email: ben.callaghan.2001@hotmail.com
IGN: Benc117

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 04:05:11 am »
Greifers join servers to break diamonds, not cobble or dirt.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 04:47:47 am »
Do you really think we have the manpower to go to every single person on the server and draw zones to protect their stuff? We're stuffed up enough with the amount of Grief notices we receive on a daily basis, and this will only make matters worse. Not only that, but the only people who have Zoning privileges are the Admins and above.

While we appreciate your concern, it isn't going to happen-- the protection stones are there for a reason. If you need a project protected that PStones would not be enough to cover, apply for City/ Project protection.

Jax

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 04:58:54 am »
I can see why say that now. :/

Pensfan121

• SMP-Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 05:22:05 am »
Remeber $1,500 is just in-game money. Sell diamonds from voting to get the money. Go mine.

techdude98

• I was never a noob i was born pro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 05:37:56 am »
And if u think the price of ps stones are too high think about it this way. Lets say me and a few other people have like one million dollars and then we buy like a bunch of cheap protection stones and then claim almost all of the land in the new guest world. It will then take you about 15 minutes of walking just to find a place to build. That is why protection stones cost alot of money.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2013, 05:52:43 am »
And if u think the price of ps stones are too high think about it this way. Lets say me and a few other people have like one million dollars and then we buy like a bunch of cheap protection stones and then claim almost all of the land in the new guest world. It will then take you about 15 minutes of walking just to find a place to build. That is why protection stones cost alot of money.
Not to mention the fact that they used to cost a LOT more. I remember the coal pstone was about $15000.

Pensfan121

• SMP-Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2013, 05:58:18 am »
I think the prices are fine now. There priced just right.

joshskiizz

• The Hispanic Moderator
  • screw you guys I'm going home
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2013, 06:01:51 am »
The prices aren't even that expensive, really.

High Roller

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 11:21:58 pm »
Even if there was enough man power to mark out area for each player that would still fail because with everybody taking a sizeable piece of land there would be no more land left for anyone. The server has had over 90k visitors already and is getting more each day.
im so sorry for this. my cock had a huge erection and it made an unpredictable growth and hit my keyboard. and then it spelled out a bad word that somebody banned me for. dont worry, my cock is being severely punished.

Morrison1996

• I am the spawn of 2 worlds. I AM SlenderBrine.
  • Former moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2013, 02:36:50 am »
Just to change the note and help the people that think that ps's are to pricy. Just go out and mine. redstone ,coal, iron, gold, laipz and almost every other block you find is sellable at market or to other players. On average I can get a stack of iron from mining for a 1/2- 1 hour and that at market fetchs around 4k thats enough for 2 coal ps's.  Just mine and save cash and protection becomes more attainable.