May 16, 2024, 10:49:37 am

Author Topic: Community Rail Project and Protected Wilderness Areas  (Read 2229 times)

Xoiiku

• View Profile
Community Rail Project and Protected Wilderness Areas
« on: September 28, 2012, 04:23:58 am »
I am curious if people would be into creating a rail system starting near the spawn area that has routes to all the major communities. Maybe this is something that could be free for everyone to use if they are trusted or above?

Even though we can warp to different places, I think a rail system would give people a better sense of where things are in relation to each other which might lead to more appreciation for overall Composition and help people not just build as randomly. A rail system might also be a fun/interesting way to see (and showcase) different peoples work.

I think another thing that would be cool is to identify and create Protected Wilderness Areas in various places in the map. This way some of the "Natural" landscape is preserved, which can lend to a better sense of place and visual style for different projects and communities. Also if there are any particularly interesting cave/mine systems that are full of monsters and such, it might make for an interesting destination.

I've only started playing on SMP for the last couple days, so if these ideas have already been discussed and thought about let me know. If people think either of those ideas sound fun or worthwhile, I'd be into helping out.

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Community Rail Project and Protected Wilderness Areas
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 08:58:19 am »
We did have a few ideas thrown around at the beginning of the member world, yet no one has started working on anything. With your expertise in building, making some sort of rail system that would connect all of the cities and projects would be pretty cool to see :)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 09:00:27 am by raul7legend »

NatanylJames (N8MATTHEWS)

• The Koreannn
  • [Founder of Marine City]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 10:40:02 am »
I have my rail system leaving marine city already, if goes acoss alonst the entire way across the southern part of the map
I'm Back BABY!

icooliam

• I'm on Skype add me my name is icooliam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 06:59:40 am »
Well in my town towona i'm maing a rail system, also i'm buying rails
Visit Towona (my town) now using /home icooliam

Interbane

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 05:46:54 pm »
Xoiiku, I've been wanting to preserve some of the Jungle landscape around my home on the member world.  Some is already under project protection.  Mnimal structures, like a partially hidden temple, small bungalow, small treefort, etc.  Nothing big, and no clearing.  In fact, there's a lot of good terrain around my place that could be preserved.

As far as a railway, the idea pops up frequently, then sputters and dies with no lasting result.

NathanialJones

• SMP Builder and cool guy extrodinare!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 07:17:04 pm »
 Like the idea, I have a town and this would be great for it, and preservations sound good too, I have heard of of other ideas like this which don't work out. The biggest problem would be protection from greifers. Ill put this idea on suggestions as a server railroad which can fix that problem and make it more official if you want.
About posts, how do you even post a post?

Italian_Crafter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 06:09:14 pm »
Yea I definately want my city to be part of this. I will be able to help if the project starts

CAUTION!
(click to show/hide)