June 16, 2024, 03:50:53 pm

Author Topic: Server spawn changes with seasons  (Read 6454 times)

Morrison1996

• I am the spawn of 2 worlds. I AM SlenderBrine.
  • Former moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Server spawn changes with seasons
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2012, 09:48:11 pm »
To me this sounds like something that will not be done by Halloween this year. It is coming up to fast and the admins would have to do research and then implement it. They already have a list from what I have noticed that they are working on.

NathanialJones

• SMP Builder and cool guy extrodinare!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2012, 11:27:47 pm »
A list? Also how hard is placing a few pumpkins?
About posts, how do you even post a post?

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2012, 11:31:30 pm »
It wouldn't just be pumpkins that would have to be placed. You also have to think in terms of turning some of the stuff within the spawns and the town warps to match the theme, and, quite frankly, that is a LOT of area to cover.

Again, it could be done, but at this point in time, there are much more important things to be done.

NathanialJones

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2012, 11:57:45 pm »
Ok well maybe Christmas, I know I'll do Halloween in my town!

bantam2

• Oᴘᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ
  • Straight Outta Compton
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2012, 02:50:13 am »
People, why change the spawn? Turn your own buildings and make them into festive attractions. If enough people do this, a holiday event could take place in which all of your creations are showcased. That would be much better than "placing a few pumpkins in spawn". Xeadin is right, spawn is HUGE, and making both spawns evenly decorated will take almost as much time as building it did.

mgfrake

• Love is the best thing you can have - Make it last
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2012, 03:20:09 pm »
The only way we should do this if we did, is make a bunch of different spawns.

12 and single and ready to mingle! changed didn't it ;)
don't click this link... Unless you wanna see a sexy model. You only have one family. Don't make a bad choice.

NathanialJones

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2012, 06:57:04 pm »
Turn your own buildings and make them into festive attractions. If enough people do this, a holiday event could take place in which all of your creations are showcased.
What do you mean showcased? And by spawn do you mean all around the spawn or the castle, the market, warp station, and mod lounge?Also I Know there won't be a Halloween spawn
Ok well maybe Christmas, I know I'll do Halloween in my town!
Not trying to be rude just want to make this the best server ever. ( I mean better, its already the best)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 07:00:32 pm by NathanialJones »

NatanylJames (N8MATTHEWS)

• The Koreannn
  • [Founder of Marine City]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2012, 09:44:07 pm »
Just wanted to add that we should make a Maanora so it's religiously equal.

Not to be rude but what the heck is a Maanora? Isnt a christmas tree pretty regigiously equal?
My jewish friend even has a christmas tree, and my atheist friends have ones too....
Im pretty sure a "christmas" tree has just became a decoration, a tradition, by now.

Edit, ok i looked it up. A maamora would be even MORE religiously UNequal than a christmas tree. Maanoras are for jewish hanacka (idk how to spell it). Chirstmas is more "widely" used. And like i said, my jewish friend doesnt even use a maanora, he has a gosh dang christmas tree.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 09:48:45 pm by N8MATTHEWS »
I'm Back BABY!

Morrison1996

• I am the spawn of 2 worlds. I AM SlenderBrine.
  • Former moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2012, 11:54:50 pm »
Guys lets try not to get into any disputes. If it makes it better for any of you what we call a Christmas tree, lets just call it a Spruce or Pine tree. These are the most commonly used symbols for Christmas. And for those of you that don't like calling it Christmas it could instead be called the Holiday season. That is what my school has had to call it do to religious disputes.

I'm not trying to make anyone angry by not calling it one thing or another but rather I'm trying to remain neutral to the situation and find peace between all parties.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 02:04:12 pm by Morrison1996 »

NatanylJames (N8MATTHEWS)

• The Koreannn
  • [Founder of Marine City]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2012, 12:39:51 am »
Guys lets try not to get into any disputes. If it makes it better for any of you what we call a Christmas try lets just call it a Spruce or Pine tree. These are the most commonly used symbols for Christmas. And for those of you that don't like calling it Christmas it could instead be called the Holiday season. That is what my school has had to call it do to religious disputes.

I'm not trying to make anyone angry by not calling it one thing or another but rather I'm trying to remain neutral to the situation and find peace between all parties.

I understand, was just saying how i felt a maanora would probably be more religiously unequal.

Off topic: my school had a student run committe to change it from "holiday break" to christmas with nearly everyone voting for it. So since it was student driven it was allowed and we now call it christmas break! Plus since students can say what they want about religion, our school, public school, has bible verses written on the walls to encourage us, and on friday night football games we paint bible verses on the banners the team run through. Student driven=fully legal
I'm Back BABY!

NathanialJones

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2012, 01:26:52 am »
Cool, I was just trying to appeal to all religions, well anyway can this happen? Not Halloween ( this year) but what about Christmas, and the other holiday next year?

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2012, 01:48:00 am »
N8MATTHEWS, please do not attempt to debate this especially when your opinion is heavily bias toward your own religion, it just makes you look ignorant (not saying you are).

That being said, making a new spawn for smp is quite a bit more complicated than classic. I doubt anything like this will happen.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident