May 16, 2024, 04:56:08 am

Author Topic: Do Protection Stones Expire?  (Read 1669 times)

britters273

• View Profile
Do Protection Stones Expire?
« on: September 25, 2012, 04:26:38 am »
I have a new area I've been exploring.  At first it appeared that there were protection stones all over the place, but when I tried to click on them to find out who the area belonged to, nothing came up.  Then I realized that it looked like coal blocks, but to my knowledge you can't use a silk touch weapon to keep a coal block intact.  That led me to believe that maybe protection stones expire after a certain time?  I'm asking because I'm interested in building in the area and was considering putting a protection stone down, but I don't want to mess up anything.  There is never anyone there, but they have a decent area built up--animals, a small house, etc.  There's a lot of chests that are still locked of course, but nothing is protected anymore.  Is there an expiration date on something you've built so if you become inactive it allows someone else to use the land?  And I definitely don't want to put my own protection stone down thinking the land is unclaimed now and keep that person from getting to their own stuff.  Just wondering what the protocol is on something like this.  Thanks for any help you can provide!

Brittany

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
Re: Do Protection Stones Expire?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 04:31:59 am »
There is no expiration on a Protection Stone, an before you think about it, even if it's abandoned, don't even think about griefing that house. If its abandoned, call a moderator over and if it really is abandoned, they will gladly remove it for you.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 05:11:32 am »
There were glitches with a our plugins a few months ago, causing a TON of Ps to become useless, thats what you found. Now as long as you don't hold the crouch key while placing them its fine.

EDIT: Also, welcome to the forums :D 

britters273

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 09:15:53 pm »
There is no expiration on a Protection Stone, an before you think about it, even if it's abandoned, don't even think about griefing that house. If its abandoned, call a moderator over and if it really is abandoned, they will gladly remove it for you.

Yeah I wasn't going to do anything to it.  That's why I was asking about it. :)  Thanks for the advice, calling a mod over sounds like the right thing to do.  thanks!

britters273

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 09:16:54 pm »
There were glitches with a our plugins a few months ago, causing a TON of Ps to become useless, thats what you found. Now as long as you don't hold the crouch key while placing them its fine.

EDIT: Also, welcome to the forums :D 

Gotcha, I thought I remembered reading something about those glitches.  thanks for the info.

arsenic_shark

• If you need me, I have a PM ;)
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 09:42:07 pm »
Seems like this is all sorted