May 29, 2024, 08:37:19 am

Author Topic: Helpful building tips  (Read 2055 times)

NathanialJones

• SMP Builder and cool guy extrodinare!
    • View Profile
Helpful building tips
« on: September 20, 2012, 12:48:35 am »
#1 don't build cubes! squares are okay but cubes are not, ad triangle roofs it'll look much better.

#2 use panes for flat windows, if your making a dome, a curve or a skylight use glass blocks.

# 3 don't use the same material for the walls that you used for the floor.

#4 don't make everything the same room make a arch around the wall in between rooms to make them seprate, but still open.

# 5 the minimum for a house is: kitchen-living room-bedroom-dining room

post other tips in the comments!

also check my next post Helpful tips for building furniture!
About posts, how do you even post a post?

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
Re: Helpful building tips
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 12:51:44 am »
I kinda have a topic for this already, look under helpful articles board.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 01:37:55 am »
I'm writing a book on this in-game.
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 11:49:08 am »
This is helpful.  I did #3 on my memember world house, doesn't look to good.  But I have I have a 2 story house and the celing on the second floor is made of glass blocks.  I need to redesign my house then, well the walls.

ogMolton

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 04:59:41 am »
underwater building tips

-fences stacked 2 high will allow you to breath at the bottom of the water so you don't have to go up for air.

-if you stand next to the fence in the air pocket you can see very clearly underwater

-the edges of a protection stone stop the flow of water, so if you go to a flat surface at the bottom of the water you want to build in, dig a hole 6 blocks deep and put a coal ps in there and fill the hole, when you dig down again the water will not enter the ps stone barrier and allow you to make an 11x11 underwater area easily

-respiration enchanted helmets let you breath for a long time under water, aqua affinity enchanted stuff will allow you to work underwater like above water, it's possible to get both in one helmet

you can take a look at examples of underwater fence building at /home ogmolton village if you follow the minecart track that goes through my village to the end and find the pier.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 05:05:21 am by ogMolton »

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 03:01:46 pm »
Some things that I find helpful when I'm building is:

#1 Writing down everything that you would like to include in your build and draw out how they connect to one another. For instance, say I was building a house, I'd list what I wanted in it: a parlor, kitchen, living room, dinning room, office, basement, library, master bedroom, a few guest rooms, and bathrooms on each floor as well as closets.
     After you do that draw how they are connected and since I can't draw on this ill explain as best I can. You would want the front door to open into a parlor or atrium, the first place a person would go in your house and get a general impression. Have a few door ways leading off the parlor to go to the living room, kitchen, and dining room. They should all be on the first floor and connect to each other. There should also be a bathroom. To go to the second floor, it's a good idea to put the stairway where it will be seen, like in the atrium or in the living room. The upstairs is simple, the bedrooms spread out with one or two bathrooms inbetween them. The stairway to the basement would be located primarily in the living or the kitchen.

#2 When your done with your house, fill it with interesting furniture. Also using leaves and plants make it look nice.

#3 If you want your house to be realistic, put redstone lighting into it with individual switches in rooms. You could simply put a lamp on iron bars with a lever on the side.

I'll add to this when I have more time :)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 05:54:51 pm by TheWholeLoaf »
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 09:41:09 pm »
This should be moved to helpful articles, as it is helpful. ;)

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 04:06:59 am »
This should be moved to helpful articles, as it is helpful. ;)

This was the topic I told you guys about. I made it in like June so there isn't a part two still lol.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.